OSU Spread

Somethin like 94% of the money as of yesterday was on Nebraska? And the line wasnt moving. Now I'm not much about the spreads and gambling. But vegas dont get rich by bein stupid. So that makes me nervous.

I know very little about betting so if this is a stupid question, I apologize. But if that big a % is on Nebraska, how are they not moving the line. Isn't their deal that they try to balance the money on each side?
I don't have any idea if the quoted number is accurate, but there is a difference between the percentage of bets vs the percentage of dollars. 96 people could have bet $100 each on Nebraska and 4 people $2500 each on OSU. That would be 94% of bets on Nebraska but only 48% of the dollars bet would be on Nebraska, so you wouldn't expect the line to move much.
https://www.sportsinsights.com/betting-trends/college-football-betting-trends/

80% of the "bets" are on Nebraska. I'm not sure the books release the amount of dollars bet on each team. Accordingly, in this situation you can deduce that there is a much higher "dollar per bet" on OSU than on Nebraska. Typically most people believe this means that the smart money is on OSU (the theory being that the big bettors are the smarter bettors).

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks man, appreciate the info.

Somethin like 94% of the money as of yesterday was on Nebraska? And the line wasnt moving. Now I'm not much about the spreads and gambling. But vegas dont get rich by bein stupid. So that makes me nervous.

I know very little about betting so if this is a stupid question, I apologize. But if that big a % is on Nebraska, how are they not moving the line. Isn't their deal that they try to balance the money on each side?
I don't have any idea if the quoted number is accurate, but there is a difference between the percentage of bets vs the percentage of dollars. 96 people could have bet $100 each on Nebraska and 4 people $2500 each on OSU. That would be 94% of bets on Nebraska but only 48% of the dollars bet would be on Nebraska, so you wouldn't expect the line to move much.

80% of the "bets" are on Nebraska. I'm not sure the books release the amount of dollars bet on each team. Accordingly, in this situation you can deduce that there is a much higher "dollar per bet" on OSU than on Nebraska. Typically most people believe this means that the smart money is on OSU (the theory being that the big bettors are the smarter bettors).

He stated 94% of the money was on NU, not bets. I don't know where that came from, but if that was the case the line would be moving and in a hurry.

He stated 94% of the money was on NU, not bets. I don't know where that came from, but if that was the case the line would be moving and in a hurry.

I know what he stated, but I am skeptical. 94% of the money on Nebraska with the line raising since the open does not make sense in any way. Theoretically there could be 94% of the money on Nebraska and the line remain the same if the books wanted to take a huge position on Ohio State, but there would be no reason to raise the line and make their position worse.