We need to get Jalen Hurd

He wants to play TE or WR wherever he transfers. Not sure how good he is for WR/TE position. If he wants to play RB, he might was well stay at TN and remain the starter.

He also wants to play out of the I-formation. I read he has been saying that for 2 years now.. He wont be a good fit here..

If he wants to play TE, we have a glaring lack of depth at TE after this year.

I think he might be enticed to come here and play running back. This is the same staff that developed steven jackson and Yvenson Bernard. By the time he gets to play it will be Tanner Lee, Patrick O'Brien, or Tristan Gebbia behind center so our offense will be more pro style and less what we have run this year.

I think those facts put us into the running. wither or not he picks us is another thing entirely.

His Vol bio page lists him at 6'4" and 240 (that seems awfully tall for a RB). That would be a big WR and I am guessing that it close to what Cethan and Sam are currently at TE.

He averaged about 30 catches a year in his Fr and So seasons, so he seems to have hands. I would question him at TE in our system if he has never blocked before.

Problem in my eyes would only have 1 year of eligibility left after sitting out a year (as I thought I read he would not be a graduating).

Looks like Hurd and Incoming freshman have been dismissed from the team.

BREAKING: Freshman Jonathan Kongbo and Senior Jalen Hurd have been dismissed from the University of Tennessee Football Program per report

Fake account. And Kongbo is a So and Hurd a Jr.

Butch talked about Hurd leaving yesterday in his presser.

Regarding Kongbo:

Kongbo’s tweet featured a pair of cleats hanging by their laces with “All things must come to an end” written alongside.

According to Tennessee coach Butch Jones, Kongbo was referring to a video game.

“He lost in a FIFA game and those were soccer cleats that he tweeted out,” Jones said on Monday during his weekly news conference.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2016/10/31/what-did-kongbos-cleat-tweet-really-mean/93081458/

Looks like Hurd and Incoming freshman have been dismissed from the team.

BREAKING: Freshman Jonathan Kongbo and Senior Jalen Hurd have been dismissed from the University of Tennessee Football Program per report

Fake account. And Kongbo is a So and Hurd a Jr.

Butch talked about Hurd leaving yesterday in his presser.

Regarding Kongbo:

Kongbo’s tweet featured a pair of cleats hanging by their laces with “All things must come to an end” written alongside.

According to Tennessee coach Butch Jones, Kongbo was referring to a video game.

“He lost in a FIFA game and those were soccer cleats that he tweeted out,” Jones said on Monday during his weekly news conference.

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/college/university-of-tennessee/football/2016/10/31/what-did-kongbos-cleat-tweet-really-mean/93081458/

Bahahaha that why we shouldn't believe every thing we read lol.

• 5 months later...