Option Football

I've heard people complain that Tim Beck didn't run the option. Well, I like this one. It's an option pitch off the read option. :lol:

Urban Meyer was a color analyst for ESPN that game and thought it was the coolest play ever. He went on and on about how great that play was.
This play is the sole reason Beck is Ohio States OC

Has nothing to do with the fact that Beck shredded Michigan state's defense, which is a division rival of osu

Perhaps, but that same defense shut him down until a Pierson el punt nearly brought us back into the game in 2014. All the other years they stiffled our offenses consistently.

Those first years we joined the BIG 10 we had the drop on people and Beck took full advantage. Once they got some tape on how we attacked them on Offense even Minnesota could force us to go 3 and out consistently. And oh boy northwestern had our number until 2014

Frost and Green ran the option as well as any QB/RB duo. Frost wouldn't even have to look to make the pitch. He knew exactly where Green would be. What my HS coaches called "pitch relationship."

Loved/hated how the OU QBs could get the pitch off while being tackled.

Is that some new term exclusive to your HS coaches? :P

• Fire 1

Frost and Green ran the option as well as any QB/RB duo. Frost wouldn't even have to look to make the pitch. He knew exactly where Green would be. What my HS coaches called "pitch relationship."

Loved/hated how the OU QBs could get the pitch off while being tackled.

Is that some new term exclusive to your HS coaches? :P

Haha no. I know it's a widely used term, just heard it over and over and over again in practice.

Bowl games were a problem as teams had 5 weeks to prepare for the option as opposed to regular season games where they may have had 3 days to prepare. Plus our bowl opponents were usually well stocked with speedy players who could cover the field quicker than our Big 8/12 teams.

I always thought that bowl games were a problem because of the 5 weeks of practice speed compared to game speed, seemed like we were always a little off on executing the option for the early parts/first half in those games, would take us a little while to get rolling. I really believe that if we had played sooner we would have put up a few more wins thus a few more championships, especially in the early 80's bowls, specifically the 84 Orange Bowl against Miami.

TO said one of the reasons the O didn't do well in bowl games was because they were rusty. He adjusted by not taking time off between the end of the season and the bowl game.

I've heard people complain that Tim Beck didn't run the option. Well, I like this one. It's an option pitch off the read option. :lol:

Urban Meyer was a color analyst for ESPN that game and thought it was the coolest play ever. He went on and on about how great that play was.
This play is the sole reason Beck is Ohio States OC
Has nothing to do with the fact that Beck shredded Michigan state's defense, which is a division rival of osu

Perhaps, but that same defense shut him down until a Pierson el punt nearly brought us back into the game in 2014. All the other years they stiffled our offenses consistently.

Those first years we joined the BIG 10 we had the drop on people and Beck took full advantage. Once they got some tape on how we attacked them on Offense even Minnesota could force us to go 3 and out consistently. And oh boy northwestern had our number until 2014

In addition, my comment was a joke if that wasn't already obvious