What did we learn- Ohio State edition

I learned that a great team can make a great team look like sh#t when they play their A game and the other team plays, at best, their D game. I also learned that a 59 point loss sucks, but its only one loss.

Reaffirmed that JT Barrett is a great college QB and made throws that not very many college QBs can make.

Again majorly disappointed by the game, but there's one next week and this is not the end of the year.

Nebraska is a great team?

-What I learned is that a lot of people will say OSU has better athletes and that is the reason they won, but that argument doesn't hold up when you consider both Northwestern and Wiscy played OSU tough.

-That some posters are self-righteous, and believe that because they are not critical of the team they are the best husker fans.

-That Stoltenberg needs to stop playing QB contain and rush the passer.

-That the O-line is the downfall of this team, but I'm optimistic because we will have depth next year.

-That our D still can't track an RB out of the backfield

-That TA is a gamer and that he will truly be missed.

-That Read needs to get fired.

tOSU players are bigger, faster, stronger and more fundamentally sound at virtually every position. Not sure what that has to do with Wiscy or NW. It's just a fact of how our athletes compare to them. Of course they also have a better scheme and better coaching. We just aren't on their level in any facet. The score and our performance pretty much supports this. There is a reason that every week our opponent seems to be so impressive and we have yet to come close to blowing anybody out like we are getting blown out today. None of this means we aren't getting better and aren't headed in a better direction than we were under Pelini.

Agree, the O line is a problem, as is our D line. Our front four never penetrates or gets pressure. That might be scheme but it sure places us at a disadvantage when other teams get it done without having to bring the house.

My point is this, if Wiscy and NW can hang with tOSU, then we should be able to hang with them as well. Our recruiting classes over the past five years have been better than both of theirs, but we can only put up 3 points, and can't force them punt? I think MR is just as capable as Meyer, but while Meyer vets coaches that are good for him and his system, MR is doing the same thing Pelini did and giving jobs to his friends. B. Read should be fired; Langs should be fired; and both Cavanaugh and Banker should be put on notice.

Our D-line isn't the greatest, but they have been getting better and the talent just isn't there for them to be great, and barely there to be average.

Do you see this one changing any time soon Shawn?

I can see the potential for change based on our recruiting efforts. We lost to one of the best teams in the country tonight. It's not the end of the world.
The problem is, with the exception of WRs and pro style QBs, the recruiting hasn't been much different than it has been for about the past 10 years.

That isn't going to get us far. Certainly not championship level.

Ok so this is horrible and embarrassing and the worst part is now I'll have to hear everyday about this horrendous loss for the next few months from anyone who knows I'm a husker fan. But let's say hypothetically we win out. And Wisconsin slips up like did they against Georgia State against a better team and pays the price and loses. And we head to the big ten championship against Michigan, play a tremendous game and win, and head to the Rose Bowl. Is everyone so pissed off then? Obviously it's hard to fathom after a loss like this, but we're not Alabama and were never going to really be able to go undefeated and win a national championship. A lot of things have to improve as we just got absolutely murdered in primetime, but if that happens somehow, will people be happy? Or are we still gonna operate under the notion that going from 5-7 to 12-0 in a year is a regular thing we need to expect from our team?

And I know everyone is gonna say it's the way we lose that sucks. And it is. We haven't even beaten a top 10 team on the road since 1997. I was 4 years old when that happened. But if we win out and Wisconsin loses, which is plausible, and we go to the B10 championship game, that's a hell of a turnaround from last year. Our coordinators are so frustrating but relax a little bit. Jesus. We've beaten everyone we're supposed to beat and lost to the two teams we were supposed to lose to, almost beating one. We play again in a week with a lot of opportunity ahead. Talking about firing a guy who's had a hell of a turnaround in a year who's actually a decent human being and makes me proud to be a Husker fan after two games against great teams is so irrational its embarrassing.

Banking on going to the playoff by hoping the teams that beat us slip-up and lose....I don't know about that. I think our team needs vastly improved to contend against anyone. Look at our wins..most of them are wins that were barely snuck out

I learned that a great team can make a great team look like sh#t when they play their A game and the other team plays, at best, their D game. I also learned that a 59 point loss sucks, but its only one loss.

Reaffirmed that JT Barrett is a great college QB and made throws that not very many college QBs can make.

Again majorly disappointed by the game, but there's one next week and this is not the end of the year.

Nebraska is a great team?

Thought I corrected that, meant good.

Also sometimes its not your night, and the loss of Tommy the way it did definitely did not help the teams psyche.

Except for Westy, our receivers aren't making the special catches anymore. This goes for last week too. There were a few chances in the first half to establish a presence.

Eek. Yes. Carter had a couple of drops, and Stanley didn't have a very good night either.

I will give Carter the benefit of the doubt trying to make catches with that elbow brace and coming back for this game.

I honestly learned we are who we thought we were at the beginning of the season. Tommys comeback was the coolest thing ever and he is by far the heart and soul of the Team. I learned that playing in the CFP was a pipe dream to begin with and though id like to get a chance to go to indy. The thought of facing either Ohio St or Michigan would seem to be just another beatdown. I was honestly more upset about last weeks game vs this weeks. Sadly Ohio St is very good and we are just not there.

Ok so this is horrible and embarrassing and the worst part is now I'll have to hear everyday about this horrendous loss for the next few months from anyone who knows I'm a husker fan. But let's say hypothetically we win out. And Wisconsin slips up like did they against Georgia State against a better team and pays the price and loses. And we head to the big ten championship against Michigan, play a tremendous game and win, and head to the Rose Bowl. Is everyone so pissed off then? Obviously it's hard to fathom after a loss like this, but we're not Alabama and were never going to really be able to go undefeated and win a national championship. A lot of things have to improve as we just got absolutely murdered in primetime, but if that happens somehow, will people be happy? Or are we still gonna operate under the notion that going from 5-7 to 12-0 in a year is a regular thing we need to expect from our team?

And I know everyone is gonna say it's the way we lose that sucks. And it is. We haven't even beaten a top 10 team on the road since 1997. I was 4 years old when that happened. But if we win out and Wisconsin loses, which is plausible, and we go to the B10 championship game, that's a hell of a turnaround from last year. Our coordinators are so frustrating but relax a little bit. Jesus. We've beaten everyone we're supposed to beat and lost to the two teams we were supposed to lose to, almost beating one. We play again in a week with a lot of opportunity ahead. Talking about firing a guy who's had a hell of a turnaround in a year who's actually a decent human being and makes me proud to be a Husker fan after two games against great teams is so irrational its embarrassing.

I'm going to have to hear about it to. I live in LSU land. At least they lost but of course they were noble in the attempt