Blowouts

Magnus

Remember when TO's teams lost seven bowl games in a row by an average margin over two touchdowns? Washington, Oklahoma, and Colorado also defeated our beloved Cornhuskers by similar margins during the regular seasons of those years...with the worst score being 10-45.

That immediately preceded a run that wasn't supposed to be possible ANYWHERE in the modern era of college football, let alone NEBRASKA. TO took a good program to the highest of heights.

Do we think we have a program that's on par with what TO had before Tommie Frazier started taking snaps? Even casual Nebraska fans have to know of all the positives TO had working for him in terms of strength and conditioning, recruiting, recent history, coaching/scheme continuity, television exposure, etc. Some of what I'm referring to as positives don't even exist anymore. E.g., what teams that we want to compete with don't get on TV regularly?

The group we have now has been in Nebraska for less than two years. It has been acknowledged on this board that becoming elite in that time is no mean feat (referring to the Harbaugh thread). Why were people expecting that, especially considering the drastic offensive change that's part of this transition period? Did you change your expectations because of the record through the weaker part of the schedule? How was that reasonable, especially given the fact our team rarely dominated through that stretch? Why is it fair to start demanding that jobs be threatened at this point?

Go, Big Red! I'm interested in seeing where yet...and will continue to follow you just like always.

59 Points?

You don't lose by 59 points at Nebraska.

NEBRASKA DOESN'T LOSE BY 59 f'ing POINTS.

Yes, we have a lot of things working against us - esepcially on the injury front (Glad TA made it back tonight).

Yes, we have a lot of hope for the future. This staff is doing really fun things on the recruiting front, and that's exciting to watch.

YOU DON'T COME TO NEBRASKA, AND THEN LOSE BY 59 f'ing POINTS.

Northwestern didn't get embarassed.

Wisconsin didn't get embarassed.

But we did.

My fear here is that Mike is too nice of a guy to really take a critical look at his staff, and really understand what it takes to be a championship-caliber team. Whether or not that's a standard that's a few seasons off or 10, that is the standard here - and we need to always show that we're progressing towards that.

Read needs to be gone, he's a disgrace and a waste of half a million dollars.

Bankers needs to get his ass kicked out the door - YOU DON'T GIVE UP 62 f'ing POINTS AT NEBRASKA>

And if the defense wears 'black shirts' out to practice this week, than they're pooping all over a proud tradition that is older than they are.

/rant over.

yep
it was 48. and Bama's best defense in the land gave up 43 to a worse Ole miss team.

Wasn't the final score 62-3?

2 pick sixes.

Gotcha

I really think it's just a by-product of this day and age. Look at what Louisville did to Florida State and what Bama did to USC. I doubt those two programs are less talented than we are and I know their coaches / fans expect more. Sometimes sh#t just happens and it's hard to explain.

Edit: Or maybe it's just a top 10 team versus a top 20 team. I didn't realize that Florida State and USC are ranked directly above and below us.

Edit part 2: I'm not saying we should've beat Ohio State, I still think they are a far more talented team, I'm just saying we shouldn't have been blown out by 59.

• 3 weeks later...

Do blowouts still count when your record leading QB can't throw or run because of multiple injuries but tries his ass off nonetheless? Sadly yes they do in the record book and also in the eyes of armchair quarterbacks and coaches. Tommy was not good today, he could not run...he did not throw well at all. Criticize all you want but this team still has one game left and the fan base right now needs to chillax. (That is chilling and relaxing all at the same time in case you did not know)

Rise up and rally behind this team. We did well this year. The opportunities were there but the pieces of the puzzle did not fall the way they should have. Regardless there is a foundation here to build upon and one helluva a senior class to send off.

Do it right.