Why are a Lot of Us Giving Up?

After TA went down, and the potential degree the injury looked, did anybody really think the team was there mentally, let alone physically? The two games TA has missed, the entire team has shut down. I didn't think they'd give up and get beat down like that, but TA is the heart of the team.

This makes me nervous about next year. TA makes some boneheaded plays, but he is a great runner, and his athleticism has greatly benefited this team, especially with a beat up OL.

After TA went down, and the potential degree the injury looked, did anybody really think the team was there mentally, let alone physically? The two games TA has missed, the entire team has shut down. I didn't think they'd give up and get beat down like that, but TA is the heart of the team.

The game was already over when TA got hurt. It was 24-3 and we couldn't do anything on either side of the ball. OSU scored all the points they would need with a pick-6 on the third play of the game.

I seriously have no ambition to even watch another football game this season, that's how ugly that was.

There's not much left for fans to root for this season. And the remainder of the season will be filled with reminders of just how f'ing embarrassing that loss was.

Possible 12 win season

Possible 11 win season

A B1G Championship

WInning the West

Finishing the season in the Top 10

A major bowl appearance/victory

These are all firmly in front of us to get excited for. I didn't know Nebraska fans were so fairweather.

I seriously have no ambition to even watch another football game this season, that's how ugly that was.

There's not much left for fans to root for this season. And the remainder of the season will be filled with reminders of just how f'ing embarrassing that loss was.

Possible 12 win season

Possible 11 win season

A B1G Championship

WInning the West

These are all firmly in front of us to get excited for. I didn't know Nebraska fans were so fairweather.

This. Man last night still stings. However, you have to move on and forget about it or it will get you beat twice.

Nothing to look forward to? Holy cow, I don't know a single person who picked Nebraska to beat Ohio State or Wisconsin at the start of the season. 10-2 was my pipe dream prediction. We have one hell of a shot of getting to that.

Possible 12 win season

Possible 11 win season

A B1G Championship

WInning the West

If you think we're winning the Big Ten you're nuts. After 15 years of getting Charlie Browned, I don't think it's fair to call anyone still around "fairweather." The fairweather fans are long gone, bub.

• Fire 2

Possible 12 win season

Possible 11 win season

A B1G Championship

WInning the West

If you think we're winning the Big Ten you're nuts. After 15 years of getting Charlie Browned, I don't think it's fair to call anyone still around "fairweather." The fairweather fans are long gone, bub.

Saying that there is nothing left to root for after you lose is literally what being a fairweather fan is.

I don't think we're winning the Big Ten. But I think it's possible that we could. I think we'd lose 99 times out of 100, but that still leaves one more time. Much weirder and much more statistically improbable things have happened in the sport.

This makes me nervous about next year. TA makes some boneheaded plays, but he is a great runner, and his athleticism has greatly benefited this team, especially with a beat up OL.

I want to see what that Tanner Lee kid can do first. I'd also like to think once Tommy is gone and there is more depth built at QB, if the starter goes down there isn't the drop off that we see between TA and Fyfe.

Possible 12 win season

Possible 11 win season

A B1G Championship

WInning the West

Saying that there is nothing left to root for after you lose is literally what being a fairweather fan is.

I don't think we're winning the Big Ten. But I think it's possible that we could. I think we'd lose 99 times out of 100, but that still leaves one more time. Much weirder and much more statistically improbable things have happened in the sport.

I root for championships and the meaningful wins along the way to those. This team will not win a championship, nor will it have any meaningful wins. It had two chances, but it blew them both. I don't care about win totals. Those are meaningless when they depend on the weakness of your schedule. If we had Wisconsin's schedule we'd have five or six losses.

No, Nebraska isn't a championship caliber team. Don't think anyone here thought they were to start the season, nor leading up to this game last night. Don't know why people are acting like this was our year and all is lost after last night. Pretty certain prior to the season everyone of us said we'd be happy with 7-2 post OSU game. Don't let the wheels fall off after this loss.