Trump's cabinet

9 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

And because it’s not, I think he has to find someone who is wealthy, who doesn’t care about their reputation, or someone who is dirt poor.

Well, we have recently seen him degrade a very wealthy man as being lazy and an idiot publicly.  If I were very wealthy, why would I subject myself to that from a blubbering idiot?

He's going to have to go the other direction and find someone desperate......or another one of his kids.

24 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Then you could write a book about the experience, get a big fat book deal and retire in style:cheers

The trouble may be worth being a fly on the wallpaper.  The next 2 years will be Yuge. 

2 years? in this administration?   with this administration you measure time in scaramuchis :rollin

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well, we have recently seen him degrade a very wealthy man as being lazy and an idiot publicly.  If I were very wealthy, why would I subject myself to that from a blubbering idiot?

He's going to have to go the other direction and find someone desperate......or another one of his kids.

For the entertainment value, and since you're wealthy it wouldn't matter if you got another job afterward. That was the only reason I brought wealth into it. If you're wealthy enough you can afford the embarrassment because you don't need to be employed again.

For the record, I've never looked into what the chief of staff does although the title tells at least some of it. But it seems more important than the title. Therefore, Trump didn't know what the chief of staff did before he got there, and it's possible he still doesn't totally know. So I wonder if he's considered not having one at all.

11 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

For the entertainment value, and since you're wealthy it wouldn't matter if you got another job afterward. That was the only reason I brought wealth into it. If you're wealthy enough you can afford the embarrassment because you don't need to be employed again.

I have more self dignity than that. 

Chrispy Cream Christie doesn't want to be COS.    Guess he's playing it smart and not getting on that stinking, sinking ship. 

Some advisors are pushing for Jared K to be COS.   Nothing like having a son-in-law to speak truth to the president.  I don't think that will happen (speaking the truth that is).

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/14/christie-says-he-doesnt-want-to-be-trumps-chief-of-staff-1065086

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-kushner/some-trump-advisers-tell-him-to-consider-kushner-as-chief-of-staff-sources-idUSKBN1OC33A

Not sure if this is the best place for it, but some updates on Flynn. 

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/michael-flynn-sentencing/index.html

Judge Emmet Sullivan asked in court today if Michael Flynn's conduct "rises to the level of treasonous activity?"

Prosecutor Brandon Van Grack, speaking for the special counsel's office, said prosecutors did not consider charging Flynn with treason. Then Sullivan asked again: "Could he have been charged with treason?”

Van Grack wouldn't go there.

Judge Sullivan harshly admonished Michael Flynn for acting as unregistered agent while serving as the national security adviser, leaving open the possibility of jail time for Flynn.

“All along, you were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the National Security Adviser to the President of the United States. That undermines everything this flag over here stands for. Arguably you sold your country out."

Sullivan says he could impose a sentence of incarceration.

"I am not hiding my disgust, my disdain for your criminal offense," Sullivan said, straining his voice and taking a brief pause. "Yes, your honor," Flynn said, though he was not asked a question.

• Plus1 2
53 minutes ago, Fru said:

Judge Sullivan harshly admonished Michael Flynn for acting as unregistered agent while serving as the national security adviser, leaving open the possibility of jail time for Flynn.

“All along, you were an unregistered agent of a foreign country while serving as the National Security Adviser to the President of the United States. That undermines everything this flag over here stands for. Arguably you sold your country out."

Sullivan says he could impose a sentence of incarceration.

"I am not hiding my disgust, my disdain for your criminal offense," Sullivan said, straining his voice and taking a brief pause. "Yes, your honor," Flynn said, though he was not asked a question.

For a man with such an significant (some may say illustrious) military and intelligence career, those words have to tear Flynn to the core.

Sentencing delayed until March. Judge seemed pretty agitated, rightfully so. 

19 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

For a man with such an significant (some may say illustrious) military and intelligence career, those words have to tear Flynn to the core.

One would think so, but I wouldn't hold my breath. 

• Plus1 1