Trump's cabinet

• 2 weeks later...

28 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

On 5/1/2019 at 7:54 AM, funhusker said:

How in the world is he still even is consideration?  I'm surprised he hasn't bowed out himself!

My faith in humanity has been restored!!!!    

well, some.....

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

24 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Remember this guy?

Turns out he was a grifter. Color me shocked.

Wash Post - need to subscribe to read.       So it basically says what ?  Pruitt was Okla's AG before going to DC.  What a disappointment he turned out to be. 

11 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Wash Post - need to subscribe to read.       So it basically says what ?  Pruitt was Okla's AG before going to DC.  What a disappointment he turned out to be. 

Here's another source. I lost my WaPo susbcription too so I know how annoying the paywall is. He basically blew off rules governing federal travel so he could enjoy luxury flights and accommodations.

The majority of Pruitt's travel costs were for airfare, and more than three-quarters of the flights he took were in first class, according to the report. While the trips were justified and most of the costs appropriate, the inspectors found that Pruitt and his staff failed to comply with federal travel regulations and the agency's internal policies. Among the findings were improper approval of expensive lodging costs, inaccurate and incomplete international trip reports and not justifying the use of noncontract air carriers.

In one instance, Pruitt and his accompanying personal security detail agent were each charged $669 for a night at the Cassa Hotel in New York City — more than double the agency's per diem hotel rate of $301. Other security officers at the same hotel that night were only charged $389.

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

And when they're not criminals like Pruitt ^^^ they're just dumb as a post and completely unqualified for their position.

What's up, Ben Carson?

Ben Carson literally told America he had no business running a federal agency:

"Dr. Carson feels he has no government experience, he's never run a federal agency," Williams told the Hill newspaper. "The last thing he would want to do was take a position that could cripple the presidency."

Not a week later, Trump nominated him to run HUD anyway. The only potential justification I've heard as to why Trump thought this would be a good idea was because he figured Carson would know something about urban development.

Anybody surprised by his utter incompetence hasn't been paying attention. Still, pretty sad to watch.

• Plus1 2

I think Carson is an arrogant idiot

and he would have performed poorly in front of this committee no matter what, but you would have to be blind to not see his particular disdain and condescension at being asked these questions by WOMEN, especially some that were prepared and educated about the topic. 

Id love to hear how he treated his surgical staff at the hospital. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Fru said:

You'd think by sheer luck they'd have found at least one, decent, qualified person. 

I think McMaster and Mattis (regardless of how you feel about their politics) were those folks.  Their departures speak volumes.

• Plus1 5
3 hours ago, NM11046 said:

I think McMaster and Mattis (regardless of how you feel about their politics) were those folks.  Their departures speak volumes.

I think you're right. I did sleep a little easier at night knowing that those two guys were there in case some real sh!t went down. I am by no means a fan of either, but they aren't utter lunatics. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Fru said:

I think you're right. I did sleep a little easier at night knowing that those two guys were there in case some real sh!t went down. I am by no means a fan of either, but they aren't utter lunatics. 

In light of the fact that we have Bolton, Pompeo - sleep comes a bit harder. 

• Plus1 2