Trump's cabinet

4 hours ago, commando said:

my continued boycott of that show will continue...although truth be told it isn't so much a boycott as not really giving a chit about the show and not watching anyway.

Haha same here commando.  :thumbs  It will be interesting to see if they still actually go forward with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hire only the best.  Trump having regrets on his Fed choice.  I for one am glad the guy is standing up against Trump.  Trump is trying to shame him into resigning like he did AG Sessions.   Powell will be his scapegoat when the economy goes south next year and threatens his election.  But it will all be Trump's fault  - his stupid tariff trade war wt China besides  a host of other issues. 

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-expresses-fresh-regret-about-his-fed-chief-oh-well-you-cant-win-them-all/ar-AAGU3fZ?ocid=ientp

“I agree with @jimcramer, the Fed should lower rates. They were WAY too early to raise, and Way too late to cut — and big dose quantitative tightening didn’t exactly help either,” Trump tweeted. “Where did I find this guy Jerome? Oh well, you can’t win them all!”

The president has repeatedly assailed Jerome Powell for hiking interest rates as the economy has continued to recover from the financial crisis a decade ago. But he has dramatically escalated his attacks as signs have emerged that the U.S. could be headed for a recession next year — a development that could blunt his reelection effort.

Trump has publicly said he has the right to fire Powell, telling the Fox Business Network in June, “I have the right to demote him. I have the right to fire him,” while adding that he had “never suggested” following through.

Powell, however, said in July that he wouldn’t leave the Fed if Trump tried to oust him.

"What I have said is the law gives me a four-year term and I fully intend to serve it,” Powell told lawmakers.

Trump received the latest economic blow on Friday morning when the Labor Department reported that hiring slowed in August. The U.S. added 130,000 jobs in the month, coming in below economists’ prediction of 150,000 jobs, as Trump’s ongoing trade wars, most notably with China, continued to bite.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

And the churn continues.  Although it's good that this doofus is now out of government.

Also, this Administration is SUPER DUPER not dysfunctional at all. AT ALL.

Now if we can get the doofus in chief to leave.    Just shows the guy in charge doesn't have a clue - hires only the best, fires only the best.  Me thinks he doesn't know what best is as he defines best as toe suckers. 

Draining  the swamp -yea right  <_<

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/president-trumps-cabinet-has-had-more-ex-lobbyists-than-bush-or-obama-2019-09-17

In less than three years, President Donald Trump has named more former lobbyists to Cabinet-level posts than his most recent predecessors did in eight.

The Cabinet choices are another sign Trump’s populist pledge to “drain the swamp” is a catchy campaign slogan but not a serious attempt to change the way Washington works. Instead of staring down “the unholy alliance of lobbyists and donors and special interests” as Trump recently declared, the influence industry has flourished during his administration.

The amount spent in 2019 on lobbying the U.S. government is on pace to match or exceed last year’s total of $3.4 billion, the most since 2010, according to the political money web site Open Secrets. Trump’s hotel near the White House has been a magnet for lobbyists and foreign interests.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...