Trump's cabinet

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Nikki Haley campaigning for VP spot?  Perhaps Trump will be dropping Pence.  Speculation all mine.

The only reason I see for her doing this is to jockey for some type of spot.  It's very disappointing.

I know some Trump voters that are now disillusioned and was hoping she would come up in the future as a Republican candidate that would disconnect from Trump.  With this, she just 100% latched onto his Presidency.

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The only reason I see for her doing this is to jockey for some type of spot.  It's very disappointing.

I know some Trump voters that are now disillusioned and was hoping she would come up in the future as a Republican candidate that would disconnect from Trump.  With this, she just 100% latched onto his Presidency.

That was my hope as well - that she would be separating herself from Trump and become a GOP 'light' leading us out of the Trump darkness.  Instead, a wolf in sheep clothing as it pertains to those of us who want to remove the trump stain from the GOP.

26 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

That was my hope as well - that she would be separating herself from Trump and become a GOP 'light' leading us out of the Trump darkness.  Instead, a wolf in sheep clothing as it pertains to those of us who want to remove the trump stain from the GOP.

With Michael Bloomberg entering the Dem primary as a former Republican politician, I wonder if the path forward will be that the GOP will flounder/fade away causing the Dem party to split into two parties to replace the old two party system.

42 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

With Michael Bloomberg entering the Dem primary as a former Republican politician, I wonder if the path forward will be that the GOP will flounder/fade away causing the Dem party to split into two parties to replace the old two party system.

I would love to see "at least" 4 parties with weighted voting.

Trump Party: Trump, Gaetz, Graham, etc

Traditional GOP: Kasich, Jeb Bush, Rubio, etc

Traditional Dem: Biden, Bloomberg, Buttigieg etc

Liberal: Bernie, Warren, AOC etc.

The "Trump" party would never hold statewide  office or the Presidency again.

• Plus1 4
Just now, funhusker said:

I'd love for there to be weighted or rank-choice voting period. Break the stupidity of the two party system.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

I'd love for there to be weighted or rank-choice voting period. Break the stupidity of the two party system.

I think it would solve a lot of issues besides breaking the power of the parties and all the games 'honest' politicians (yes oxymoron I know) have to play just to get nominated.  I wonder if there is any move nationwide to make it happen?  Probably need a constitutional amendment. 

4 hours ago, funhusker said:

That would be orgasmic. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Meanwhile...back at the ranch.....

It is unbelievable how many 'acting' secretaries we have.  Trump, who only hires the best- so we've been told, can't retain anyone (best or otherwise). So now we are on 2nd, 3rd, 4th tier people running some of these departments.  The executive branch is in chaos.  That seems to be gross incompetence at the top which should be impeachable but I don't think it qualifies. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

It is unbelievable how many 'acting' secretaries we have.  Trump, who only hires the best- so we've been told, can't retain anyone (best or otherwise). So now we are on 2nd, 3rd, 4th tier people running some of these departments.  The executive branch is in chaos.  That seems to be gross incompetence at the top which should be impeachable but I don't think it qualifies. 

I assume the Trumpers think this is great because big gov’m’t’s evil and he’s draining the swamp. 

• Haha 1