Trump's cabinet

Vox Sentences today: JP Morgan's CEO might run Trump's Treasury, because populism

We could have had the Elizabeth Warren wing enforcing personnel requirements in a Clinton administration. I think that would have been a productive partnership, if one with healthy tensions. Alas.

Personnel is policy.

One of the featured articles also caught my eye: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/11/09/team-trump-struggling-to-fill-national-security-jobs.html?via=desktop&source=twitter

President-elect Donald Trump is scrambling to line up senior officials to run the government’s sprawling intelligence and homeland security bureaucracy.

Team Trump is struggling to fill numerous key slots or even attract many candidates because hundreds have either sworn they’d never work in a Trump administration or have directly turned down requests to join, multiple current and former U.S. officials with direct knowledge of the transition efforts told The Daily Beast.

The best people.

Vox Sentences today: JP Morgan's CEO might run Trump's Treasury, because populism

We could have had the Elizabeth Warren wing enforcing personnel requirements in a Clinton administration. I think that would have been a productive partnership, if one with healthy tensions. Alas.

Personnel is policy.

One of the featured articles also caught my eye: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/11/09/team-trump-struggling-to-fill-national-security-jobs.html?via=desktop&source=twitter

President-elect Donald Trump is scrambling to line up senior officials to run the government’s sprawling intelligence and homeland security bureaucracy.

Team Trump is struggling to fill numerous key slots or even attract many candidates because hundreds have either sworn they’d never work in a Trump administration or have directly turned down requests to join, multiple current and former U.S. officials with direct knowledge of the transition efforts told The Daily Beast.

The best people.

That's not good. Smart people who happen to hate him need to work for him regardless. He needs people who aren't yes-men.

• Fire 2

I'd prefer Newt Gingrich go away.

He is a puppet for Sheldon Adelson whose only purpose in life seems to make sure that someone bombs Iran.

In seriousness, where do you figure we go from here with the Iran deal, and in terms of peace with Iran? I'm quite worried. And I'm not sure to what extent that deal is locked in place.

Iran is no threat to the U.S. and everyone knows this which is why they signed the deal. Does Iran sponsor terrorism? Yeah. So does the U.S unfortunately....I wouldn't vote for Hillary anyway but when she arms "rebels" to illegally overthrow the Libyan government and they leave that country in shambles, that is no better than what Iran does and is much worse than anything Dick Cheney ever did.

I am all for A deal with Iran but the deal does suck and should have been better handled. It was one of the only things I supported from this presidency because it would have ticked off the Saudis and the Israelis who are just as much to blame for this middle eastern mess as anyone.

Politically speaking It makes no sense to be aggressive towards Iran. Trump is doing this probably for show. He is a businessman, thats how deals get done. He has stated he wants peace with Russia(which is a very good thing). You cannot ally the Eurasia land mass and expect to hold U.S. dominance on the map(If that is the goal which I can only assume it is). The U.S. Navy is essentially unstoppable and controls the world's waterways but there is a self-sustaining area on this world that is impossible to crack if there is an alliance. Russia is part of it, China is part of it, Turkey is part of it, Iran is part of it,etc...They don't need outside resources and they cannot be embargoed if they work together.

You have already pissed off everyone of these countries within the last 4 years in one way or another. Its like they are trying to screw it up. People thought the Cold War was dead, guess what? It never went away and they are trying to isolate Russia by controlling the side that isn't already controlled by Water or European Allies. That is why the U.S. is so crazy about overthrowing Syria and why the Russians are supporting them(Can you blame them? We almost went to Nuclear war for the Cuban Missile Crisis, the U.S. has dozens of bases lined up around Russia)

To summarize it if you want WWIII then you put that no fly zone in Syria to Provoke Russia and you tear up that Iran deal and antagonize them more. You are already annoying China, the Philippines said they were allying themselves with China(although their dictator said he would speak to Trump), and the leader of Turkey thinks that some dude living in the U.S. was behind the coup which is code for :He thinks the U.S. government is behind it.

• Fire 1

That's not good. Smart people who happen to hate him need to work for him regardless. He needs people who aren't yes-men.

On a macro level, we hope for this to be true. On an individual level -- if I have options, and I want to both advance my career and help people, do I choose to work under Donald Trump's security directives? I don't think that's an easy question to answer, and I think the article is describing the cumulative deficit.

If you ask me, the correct thing to do, assuming* we care about the quality with which our intelligence and national security agencies are run, was not to elect as POTUS a guy that the veterans and experts roundly condemned as dangerously unfit.

But we're past that point. The consequences were always inevitable; they are now unavoidable. They will be mitigated, I'm sure. I mean, I hope.

*This is again a cumulative and not individual people's fault sort of deal, but I would argue that the evidence is clear: America didn't really care about that.

Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag Please make Brownback Secretary of Ag

I don't like the fact that Crispy Cream Christi is the head of the transition team. I trust him as far as I can throw him - and you know that outcome. The campaign advisor from Brietbart is being considered as Chief of Staff - ugh. Bushites are being considered so I've heard. We don't need retreads. We need new people wt new ideas who aren't beholding to the old order.

I'd prefer Newt Gingrich go away.

He is a puppet for Sheldon Adelson whose only purpose in life seems to make sure that someone bombs Iran.

I would disagree. Newt is one of the most brilliant guys around from either party, and he has a way of looking at a situation through multiple lenses and coming up with the right way to tackle the issue. He would be great as SOS as he thinks on the fly and is great at negotiating.

I agree Bnil. SOS or Chief of Staff. I think he might be better as COS to help with policy, keep Trump close to his conservative promises, cut through congressional BS and deal wt McConnel who I see as a potential hindrance and is just a partisan hack wanting to protect his territory.

I don't like the fact that Crispy Cream Christi is the head of the transition team. I trust him as far as I can throw him - and you know that outcome. The campaign advisor from Brietbart is being considered as Chief of Staff - ugh. Bushites are being considered so I've heard. We don't need retreads. We need new people wt new ideas who aren't beholding to the old order.

Keep the Bush family and their allies the hell out of the White House.

The same with anyone in the Obama syndicate.

Personnel is policy.

President-elect Donald Trump is scrambling to line up senior officials to run the governments sprawling intelligence and homeland security bureaucracy.

Team Trump is struggling to fill numerous key slots or even attract many candidates because hundreds have either sworn theyd never work in a Trump administration or have directly turned down requests to join, multiple current and former U.S. officials with direct knowledge of the transition efforts told The Daily Beast.

The best people.

I agree.

Let's be honest, those who hate Trump are/were going to ridicule his cabinet choices regardless.

Trump's head of the EPA Transition Team: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/science/myron-ebell-trump-epa.html?_r=0

Mr. Ebell, who revels in taking on the scientific consensus on global warming, will be Mr. Trump’s lead agent in choosing personnel and setting the direction of the federal agencies that address climate change and environmental policy more broadly.

No science background. Longtime climate change denier. Once hired by Big Tobacco to tear down anti-tobacco legislation. Currently funded by Coal.

#FightThePower?

Trump's head of the EPA Transition Team: http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/12/science/myron-ebell-trump-epa.html?_r=0

Mr. Ebell, who revels in taking on the scientific consensus on global warming, will be Mr. Trumps lead agent in choosing personnel and setting the direction of the federal agencies that address climate change and environmental policy more broadly.

No science background. Longtime climate change denier. Once hired by Big Tobacco to tear down anti-tobacco legislation. Currently funded by Coal.

#FightThePower?

IIRC Bush's head of the EPA was a former oil company exec. It's like we're going back in time.

• Fire 1

He named his 3 older kids and his son in law as members of the executive transition committee ... in addition to some big donors.

I know there are rules about nepotism in a paid position in his cabinet (I think anyway) but does anybody else bristle to hear how much responsibility he is laying out for those kids? I am just not sure what background they have or experience that would be appropriate.

He named his 3 older kids and his son in law as members of the executive transition committee ... in addition to some big donors.

I know there are rules about nepotism in a paid position in his cabinet (I think anyway) but does anybody else bristle to hear how much responsibility he is laying out for those kids? I am just not sure what background they have or experience that would be appropriate.

#DraintheSwamp #PoliticalOutsiders woot, woot!!!

EDIT: In all seriousness, trying to Govern is not like running a business. Government is about facilitation. While change might be needed, failing to understand history, precedent, and how things work is the worst type of extravagant ignorance. Deniers, apologists, and family are not going to bring any kind of positive change. Should be fun to watch /s

• Fire 2