Trump's cabinet

WaPo: What derigging the system looks like so far

NYT: A Bonanza For Lobbyists

Prominent Washington lobbyists also said that Mr. Trump would arrive in the capital with a much smaller contingent of veteran policy advisers than Hillary Clinton would have brought — and they see that relative inexperience as an opening. So they are prepared to draft legislation and regulations to quietly pass to allies on Capitol Hill and in the White House.

It looks like a lot of prominent lobbyists and powerplayers making competing, probably successful bids to influence a policy-light administration.

I guess by "Drain The Swap" they really meant "Double Down on the Status Quo", eh?

I'm stunned, stunned. I mean, how could this possibly happen.

• Fire 2

Prominent Washington lobbyists also said that Mr. Trump would arrive in the capital with a much smaller contingent of veteran policy advisers than Hillary Clinton would have brought — and they see that relative inexperience as an opening. So they are prepared to draft legislation and regulations to quietly pass to allies on Capitol Hill and in the White House.

It looks like a lot of prominent lobbyists and powerplayers making competing, probably successful bids to influence a policy-light administration.

I guess by "Drain The Swap" they really meant "Double Down on the Status Quo", eh?

Could it be because Trump is a billionaire who has lived in New York City all/most of his life and is not a hard-working, salt of the earth, small town factory worker from Ohio?

Prominent Washington lobbyists also said that Mr. Trump would arrive in the capital with a much smaller contingent of veteran policy advisers than Hillary Clinton would have brought and they see that relative inexperience as an opening. So they are prepared to draft legislation and regulations to quietly pass to allies on Capitol Hill and in the White House.

I see what tou did there. Nice.

At the very worst, he'll be status quo. what the hell is everyone upset about?

oh yeah. He's a racist, sexist, transophobe, islamaphobe, hispaniphone, arachniphobe, xylephobe.

Except lots of people don't agree that's the case. Clinton was the status quo candidate.

I'm sure you don't share the same beliefs about these things as non-Republicans, but here's an example of why people are upset:

Donald Trump has selected one of the best-known climate skeptics to lead his U.S. EPA transition team, according to two sources close to the campaign.

Myron Ebell, director of the Center for Energy and Environment at the conservative Competitive Enterprise Institute, is spearheading Trump’s transition plans for EPA, the sources said.

His lobbying clients in 2016 include Koch Companies Public Sector LLC, Southern Company Services, Dow Chemical Co. and Competitive Power Ventures Inc., according to public disclosures.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-picks-top-climate-skeptic-to-lead-epa-transition/

And I didn't post this to argue about climate change. Let's just say, hypothetically, it's all real and humans are a big factor. Try to have that mindset for a moment. Can you understand why the above is upsetting to people? People who would be upset about that are worried about the future of the entire world. And maybe your response would be that it's only 4-8 years, but in order to put the protections back in place, the Democrats would need to have control of the senate or house or both, and the presidency. They aren't going to have the House for a long time.

I feel like I'm pretty damn open-minded, and I understand that people think all of these government agencies are corrupt and regulations are hurting the economy. But Trump has even talked about getting rid of water regulations, and there isn't even anyone arguing against the fact that there are water shortages.

It doesn't even need to be about climate change. At the current rates, there is only about 40-50 years worth of oil in proven reserves and 100 years of coal in proven reserves. So with our two most dependent resources of energy being nonrenewable and only having a limited number years left, we have to continue making strides in renewable energy. I'm just afraid that an administration that doesn't believe in climate change is going to cut funding for these renewable energy programs and give businesses less incentive to use clean energy.

At the very worst, he'll be status quo. what the hell is everyone upset about?

oh yeah. He's a racist, sexist, transophobe, islamaphobe, hispaniphone, arachniphobe, xylephobe.

Except lots of people don't agree that's the case. Clinton was the status quo candidate.

I'm sure you don't share the same beliefs about these things as non-Republicans, but here's an example of why people are upset:

Donald Trump has selected one of the best-known climate skeptics to lead his U.S. EPA transition team, according to two sources close to the campaign.

Myron Ebell, director of the Center for Energy and Environment at the conservative Competitive Enterprise Institute, is spearheading Trump’s transition plans for EPA, the sources said.

His lobbying clients in 2016 include Koch Companies Public Sector LLC, Southern Company Services, Dow Chemical Co. and Competitive Power Ventures Inc., according to public disclosures.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/trump-picks-top-climate-skeptic-to-lead-epa-transition/

And I didn't post this to argue about climate change. Let's just say, hypothetically, it's all real and humans are a big factor. Try to have that mindset for a moment. Can you understand why the above is upsetting to people? People who would be upset about that are worried about the future of the entire world. And maybe your response would be that it's only 4-8 years, but in order to put the protections back in place, the Democrats would need to have control of the senate or house or both, and the presidency. They aren't going to have the House for a long time.

I feel like I'm pretty damn open-minded, and I understand that people think all of these government agencies are corrupt and regulations are hurting the economy. But Trump has even talked about getting rid of water regulations, and there isn't even anyone arguing against the fact that there are water shortages.

It doesn't even need to be about climate change. At the current rates, there is only about 40-50 years worth of oil in proven reserves and 100 years of coal in proven reserves. So with our two most dependent resources of energy being nonrenewable and only having a limited number years left, we have to continue making strides in renewable energy. I'm just afraid that an administration that doesn't believe in climate change is going to cut funding for these renewable energy programs and give businesses less incentive to use clean energy.

Yes, I agree. I think we might have more years of oil now with the potentially earth-quake causing fracking, but it will run out eventually. There are also lots of other ways we're polluting the earth that are very bad for us, even if climate change was made up by Elvis.

IIRC I remember hearing a while ago that Trump's chief energy advisor was an oil company exec or someone of similar ilk. I'd not expect the GOP to make any type of real push towards renewables. They have no reason to. They are in bed with Big Oil/Coal and can get away with saying those maximize our economic potential.

They probably do, in the short term.

IIRC I remember hearing a while ago that Trump's chief energy advisor was an oil company exec or someone of similar ilk. I'd not expect the GOP to make any type of real push towards renewables. They have no reason to. They are in bed with Big Oil/Coal and can get away with saying those maximize our economic potential.

They probably do, in the short term.

Well, yeah, no arguing that. I just think it's grievously irresponsible to not think long term. I understand not everyone shares that belief.

Also, can we just take a second and appreciate something else... Ben Carson for Sec of Education? The guy who believes the Great Pyramids were gigantic ancient grain silos?

• Fire 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2016/11/11/if-you-voted-for-trump-because-hes-anti-establishment-guess-what-you-got-conned/

President-elect Donald J. Trump, who campaigned against the corrupt power of special interests, is filling his transition team with some of the very sort of people who he has complained have too much clout in Washington: corporate consultants and lobbyists…

Hooray for the little guy! Right? Take that, K Street! And what's Wall Street going to do without Dodd Frank? We sure showed Washington and the bigwigs, didn't we?

Oh, by the way, wrap you mind around this:

Hillary caught flak from both Bernie and Trump about giving a speech to Goldman Sachs.

Now I'm hearing may hire Jamie Dimon, chairman/president/CEO of JP Morgan/Chase as his Secretary of Treasury.

It appears those gushing populist rage at our financial institutions may have gotten played.

Oh, by the way, wrap you mind around this:

Hillary caught flak from both Bernie and Trump about giving a speech to Goldman Sachs.

Now I'm hearing may hire Jamie Dimon, chairman/president/CEO of JP Morgan/Chase as his Secretary of Treasury.

It appears those gushing populist rage at our financial institutions may have gotten played.

Yeah, I always had this feeling that Trump is just saying what the people wanted to hear, but would only do what's best for him and his other business friends.