Trump's America

zoogs

@Atbone, that video, also deplorable. And no, *that* violence is not on Trump or his supporters.

@Count, if your position is this is all fine and let kids say what they want, then of course it is no quandary or even issue to you. To me, it's decency under assault.

• Fire 1

@Atbone, that video, also deplorable.

I'm saying, both sides need to knock this sh#t off: "if _____ hadn't campaigned this way, this wouldn't have happened".

No. bullsh#t. There are some very, very deep issues this country needs to purge itself of, and this would have happened regardless of the winner of this election. Don't tell me this is "Trump's America" as if he incited this.

• Fire 2

PC. He should be nicey nice for the sake of it, cuz we have ppl who cant handle the truth in a proper way? Dont say this or that, cuz such and such might us it to overreach and generalize?

lot of reaching goin on in here. im out. good chats fellas. I'll go back to being a happy delusional uneducated guy from podunk i guess. Enjoy being miserable over nothing.

Count, it takes zero spin to be able to discern so much of what Trump has said as inflammatory and really, an open assault on decency norms in speech.

Therein the quandary.

You don't want to let kids know it's acceptable that this is how we talk to and about one another. And yet the new President does it. Not only that, the message of his campaign and his victory is that this ought to be OK.

Question Count.....

Do you let your kids say whatever they want to people no matter if it offends or hurts other people?

• Fire 2

I'm saying, both sides need to knock this sh#t off: "if _____ hadn't campaigned this way, this wouldn't have happened".

No. bullsh#t. There are some very, very deep issues this country needs to purge itself of, and this would have happened regardless of the winner of this election. Don't tell me this is "Trump's America" as if he incited this.

He did incite this.

I'm sorry. I know that you like him. But, he owns his campaign -- his rhetoric -- his fanning of the flames. That history is there. You, though, you don't own any of that. No Trump voter who does not condone this owns any of it, if they don't want to.

But the movement that propelled Trump to the presidency? They do. This is theirs. This is people who wanted to "take back their country" and now feeling like they have. And I think we, all of us, should be clear-eyed about that this is what that means to them.

• Fire 5

He did incite this.

I'm sorry. I know that you like him. But, he owns his campaign -- his rhetoric -- his fanning of the flames. That history is there. You, though, you don't own any of that. No Trump voter who does not condone this owns any of it, if they don't want to.

But the movement that propelled Trump to the presidency? They do. This is theirs. This is people who wanted to "take back their country" and now feeling like they have.

Trump incited Hillary supporters jumping his own supporters?

Now that the election is over, can we go back to the emails proving the DNC hired contractors to incite violence at his rallies?

At the high school one district north of me:

Police and officials at Maple Grove Senior High say they've launched an investigation into racist, pro-Donald Trump graffiti.

The photos of the graffiti, which exploded on social media Wednesday, were apparently taken in a boys bathroom at the school. The messages appeared on a bathroom door and a toiletry cover. They include the words "#gobacktoafrica", "#whitesonly" and "#whiteamerica". It also included the pro-Trump messages "Trump Train" and "Make America Great Again".

The blurred words at the top of the picture say F**k N*****s. The first blurred hashtag says #f***allporchmonkeys

MGSH%20graffiti%20door%20blurred_1478736

http://www.kare11.com/news/local/maple-grove-hs-investigating-racist-graffiti/350560184

• Fire 2

Here's the thing, guys. The election is over now. We aren't campaigning for one candidate or another's votes anymore. We don't own any of this stuff that's going on.

But we *can* draw a straight line from what we heard and saw in campaign messages and at rallies, to these things of the exact same tenor. We can look at that, see it for what it is, and push back against it. Together.

I was told and do believe that most Republicans even in the Trump camp, they had their reasons but they absolutely rejected this stuff. I really believe that there's more decency than not in this world.

Here's our chance to come together and show it. This wing, this element of Trumpism -- that's not us, liberal, conservative, libertarian, what-have-you. Yes?

• Fire 3

Wow, some of you all need to relax a little bit or you are not going to make it through Trumps Presidency. You will stroke out with worry or concern.

I come from the military & law enforcement side of the world and all this (oh the world is going to end because of DT's comments or stuff he spewed during the election, or he has this type of skeleton in his closet) has to be put in perspective.

Too many things being said in the mass number of threads to address them all here, but the truth is, we did not get a saint as the President Elect.

But how he talks, what he states, the words he uses in his sentences, is pretty typical amongst the workforce, in the real world on a daily basis. His views and how he describes his views are not foriegn to those who come from the blue collar workforce.

I am not condoning how he talks, or what he states, but I am also not shocked by it, fear struck or irreparably harmed, because it is the world in which we live. He is the future commander and chief here in the USA and I will do my part to support his intentions.

Truthfully, I think there are many people on this board and elsewhere, who were truly Hillary supporters all long, rather than being forced to elect from what they believed to be the lesser of two evils.

We all need to come together to help this nation get better, safer and more productive for our children's sake! Before you all say how can you turn a blind eye to some of this or that, or knock the level of my intelligence, let me say, because I have to, as my family, home, auto, work, and everything else I am associated to is based in the real world with real world situations.

• Fire 3

God forbid we hold our President to a higher standard of decency than we hold ole Hank from the auto shop, or we pretend like the most powerful man in the free world has a lot more influence on the thoughts and behaviors of a country than joe schmo from Surprise, Nebraska does.

• Fire 4