Trump's America

zoogs

Haven't read any of the news. Just what's on this board.

What I find interesting is the people saying Trump is in no way to blame for any of it, even emboldening people, is that those people make up a large subset of the same group of people who put most/all of the blame for division in America on Obama.

Self-awareness isn't a trait found in everyone.

Who said that? I think it's ridiculous to jump to conclusions as most people usually do based on the media which is there to make money and entertain. We see it all the time and people never learn.

Hate to break it to ya but this has always been a divided country and always will be. It is a republic with a democratic election(That alone divides the country) and it is filled with a lot of different ethnic groups that all have different motives and incentives.

Honestly, you want a country on more of the same page? Switch to a monarchy.

What I find interesting is the people saying Trump is in no way to blame for any of it, even emboldening people, is that those people make up a large subset of the same group of people who put most/all of the blame for division in America on Obama.

Who said that? I think it's ridiculous to jump to conclusions as most people usually do based on the media which is there to make money and entertain. We see it all the time and people never learn.

Hate to break it to ya but this has always been a divided country and always will be. It is a republic with a democratic election(That alone divides the country) and it is filled with a lot of different ethnic groups that all have different motives and incentives.

You're making a lot of jumps to my mindset. But actually you're correct on the last sentence. I've been pro-monarchy for like 15 years ;)

The problem with democracy is the politicians have to do what pleases their constituents even if it's bad for the country. That's why, for example in California, they waited something like 3 years too long to put any restrictions on water usage. They didn't want to piss anyone off and lose the next election.

Only major problem with monarchy is you could be stuck with the same a-hole for 60 years :)

Anyway, nobody said the bolded exactly. But I've read lots and lots of posts saying it's not his fault. True, it's not solely his fault, but I've also seen people arguing with those saying people were emboldened because of him.

You're making a lot of jumps to my mindset. But actually you're correct on the last sentence. I've been pro-monarchy for like 15 years ;)

The problem with democracy is the politicians have to do what pleases their constituents even if it's bad for the country. That's why, for example in California, they waited something like 3 years too long to put any restrictions on water usage. They didn't want to piss anyone off and lose the next election.

Only major problem with monarchy is you could be stuck with the same a-hole for 60 years :)

Anyway, nobody said the bolded exactly. But I've read lots and lots of posts saying it's not his fault. True, it's not solely his fault, but I've also seen people arguing with those saying people were emboldened because of him.

You got that right. I'm no fan of these wars but even when we were in Vietnam supporting the rightful government they only did so much because of the Press criticism of the Vietnamese president. The government was only focused on the upcoming re-election for JFK and gaining favor with the press and the American people. It obviously ended in a trainwreck.

America is going to change, sadly, under the guidance of a man like Donald Trump. Feel free to help me collect examples of what is now, under Trump, permissible behavior.

I'll start. This phrase is sweeping the nation. It is being chanted at people who look foreign, but may very well be American citizens.

https://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/michigan-middle-school-students-chant-build-the-wall-while-latino-students-cry/

For those wondering how Donald Trump could ever have won a state like Michigan after it supported Barack Obama this video explains a lot.

A small group of students at Royal Oak Middle School in Detroit, Michigan broke out into chants of “Build the wall” the day after the election, according to The Detroit News.

According to a Facebook video of the event that has now gone viral, “Latino children were crying.” Dee Perez-Scott, who posted the video, said, “the taunts, the “Build that Wall” with such bullying power and hate from children to children. Just Horrifying!”

Horrifying? Definitely. But 100% understandable when Conservatives enable a man like Donald Trump by electing him president.

Chili's apologizes after manager takes vet's meal

(CNN)US Army veteran Ernest Walker went to his local Chili's restaurant for a hamburger. Instead, he was denied a meal after an altercation over his service record.

The chain has since apologized.

Chili's has a policy of providing veterans a free meal every Veterans Day.

Walker said he was disrespected at the restaurant's Cedar Hill, Texas, location when a man wearing a Donald Trump shirt interrupted his meal and challenged his service record, the veteran posted on his Facebook page.

"He said he was in Germany, and that they did not let blacks serve over there," Walker said, detailing what sparked Friday's incident.

Walker told CNN's Don Lemon the Trump supporter made him feel like was a slave.

"He really made me feel like I was almost like a slave who had to show paperwork to show my freedom," he said.

"I do believe that I was singled out, as a black man, in that restaurant. And were it not for the past temperature of the nation -- of this election -- you know I don't think he would be as emboldened to approach me in the manner that he did and just outright label me, you know, as a black man trying to steal food."

Trump's America.

• Fire 1

Chili's apologizes after manager takes vet's meal

(CNN)US Army veteran Ernest Walker went to his local Chili's restaurant for a hamburger. Instead, he was denied a meal after an altercation over his service record.

The chain has since apologized.

Chili's has a policy of providing veterans a free meal every Veterans Day.

Walker said he was disrespected at the restaurant's Cedar Hill, Texas, location when a man wearing a Donald Trump shirt interrupted his meal and challenged his service record, the veteran posted on his Facebook page.

"He said he was in Germany, and that they did not let blacks serve over there," Walker said, detailing what sparked Friday's incident.

Walker told CNN's Don Lemon the Trump supporter made him feel like was a slave.

"He really made me feel like I was almost like a slave who had to show paperwork to show my freedom," he said.

"I do believe that I was singled out, as a black man, in that restaurant. And were it not for the past temperature of the nation -- of this election -- you know I don't think he would be as emboldened to approach me in the manner that he did and just outright label me, you know, as a black man trying to steal food."

Trump's America.

Fight it! Go protest...

Get your friends and protest this. It is horrible

These are cute jokes only to those extremely detached from the realities of these experiences.

So, hypothetically, is there any way whatsoever for any bad actions to ever be linked to Trump support over the next 4 years?

"Bad stuff happened before so obviously this bad stuff has nothing to do with it" doesn't really seem like an argument.

Look, nobody is saying any of these racist words or actions are okay. I feel confident saying we all find them appalling. And yes, the election of DJT will embolden some people to do these things. There are people who voted for Trump for the wrong reasons, just like there are people who voted for Hillary or Obama for the wrong reasons. Those people may feel their repugnant hatred has now been validated. But there are also people who voted for these people for the right reasons. Lets try to avoid labelling those people as racist enablers or approvers. I think it does somewhat of a disservice to the cause to now link every anecdotal story of repulsive racist behavior to DJT. These asshats have always been among us and they have always engaged in this behavior. There may be some racists whom this electon now spurs to more overt actions. Let's all shout them down, just as we should no matter who is/was President, no matter when or where it occurs. But please don't mistake the acknowledgement that these things have and will always happen as some sort of approval or ignoring of these actions. I think we as a society can keep a lid on it as long as we don't go overboard with linking every racist action to the result of DJT being elected.