Trump's America

zoogs

I think that % will change soon enough. They are working on issues that both want now- Both want to use each other as useful tools to get the things they want done. If trump keeps insulting everyone, the partnership will begin to fray. There will have to be a crisis point in the not so distant future where the Trump team realizes they need to be participants in the governing process and not dictators of it. The bully pulpit has its purposes but not in the way he is using it currently. If that crisis point is reached but ignored by Trump, we'll have a disaster in DC. I want him to succeed if his policy allows the USA to succeed and become a better nation.

• Fire 1

I think that % will change soon enough. They are working on issues that both want now- Both want to use each other as useful tools to get the things they want done. If trump keeps insulting everyone, the partnership will begin to fray. There will have to be a crisis point in the not so distant future where the Trump team realizes they need to be participants in the governing process and not dictators of it. The bully pulpit has its purposes but not in the way he is using it currently. If that crisis point is reached but ignored by Trump, we'll have a disaster in DC. I want him to succeed if his policy allows the USA to succeed and become a better nation.

I certainly want him to succeed even though I didn't vote for him, but there's been far too much political bullsh*t (from both parties) for too long in D.C. I'd be shocked if that percentage goes anywhere south of 95% as an average. Most of the legislation he claims to support goes right in line with what Republicans have been wanting for years. Hell, even conservatives who loathed the man during the primaries (and much of the election) are supporting many of his initiatives.

But, if people really wanted change then they'd make a difference at the polls. The fact is they don't. Just look at how many people voted for Trump and Clinton this year almost entirely out of political affiliation, and yet they don't like what Washington has become?

I am still free guys how about you? I do not think a lot of people are going to ever give this guy a chance so he will probably be ridiculed for every thing he does to make this place safe to live. The media is doing its job to try and make Trump look terrible, nothing of such was done to Obama. I am not ashamed that I voted for him and yea he should care less about people dropping Ivanka's line who cares. If they want to drop it cause they are jealous so be it there are far more important things to be done right now. He still gets his four years to be potus, so those of you that are angry will still have him as your potus. One thing we need to do is not try and separate or not allow people who voted for him to be ridiculed, that is just ridiculous. The Toby Keith thing is unfair not allowing someone to perform because he performed for the president at his inauguration is absurd. All people are doing are segregating and separating themselves form others which is not what this country is about. We all get our voice and we all need to continue to respect one another, it saddens me to see all this hatred go around toward one guy or people who voted for him. We all get to live the American dream, so why try and make someone feel bad about their American dream?

Incomes the disagreements, but can we all agree that no matter what opinion we have we are all a part of ONE country. Put aside the labels etc and try to relate to what I am saying, think how much better this country can be if You strive to make the place you live better then when you found it.

• Fire 2

I am still free guys how about you? I do not think a lot of people are going to ever give this guy a chance so he will probably be ridiculed for every thing he does to make this place safe to live. The media is doing its job to try and make Trump look terrible, nothing of such was done to Obama. I am not ashamed that I voted for him and yea he should care less about people dropping Ivanka's line who cares. If they want to drop it cause they are jealous so be it there are far more important things to be done right now. He still gets his four years to be potus, so those of you that are angry will still have him as your potus. One thing we need to do is not try and separate or not allow people who voted for him to be ridiculed, that is just ridiculous. The Toby Keith thing is unfair not allowing someone to perform because he performed for the president at his inauguration is absurd. All people are doing are segregating and separating themselves form others which is not what this country is about. We all get our voice and we all need to continue to respect one another, it saddens me to see all this hatred go around toward one guy or people who voted for him. We all get to live the American dream, so why try and make someone feel bad about their American dream?

Incomes the disagreements, but can we all agree that no matter what opinion we have we are all a part of ONE country. Put aside the labels etc and try to relate to what I am saying, think how much better this country can be if You strive to make the place you live better then when you found it.

The bolded statement above is part of the problem. He has somehow convinced a large amount of people that they are not safe living in this country. When in fact, there is no safer place to live on this planet, even more so for those who voted for him. I'll ask you the same question I've asked a lot of Trump supporters I know; When was the last time that you actually felt like your life was in danger? Aside from a recent health scare, I can't tell you if I've ever felt like my life was at risk because of another person..... Not one Trump supporter I've asked has been able to give me an answer..... And that's because we live in America, where by and large, it's a pretty damn safe place to live.

• Fire 5

I am still free guys how about you?

I am too, but I can link you to dozens who aren't directly because of Trump.

The media is doing its job to try and make Trump look terrible, nothing of such was done to Obama.

bullsh#t.

We all get our voice and we all need to continue to respect one another, it saddens me to see all this hatred go around toward one guy or people who voted for him.

I agree we need to respect one another, that's why it's so disheartening that the President of the United States is so incredibly disrespectful to so many.

• Fire 3

The bolded statement above is part of the problem. He has somehow convinced a large amount of people that they are not safe living in this country. When in fact, there is no safer place to live on this planet, even more so for those who voted for him. I'll ask you the same question I've asked a lot of Trump supporters I know; When was the last time that you actually felt like your life was in danger? Aside from a recent health scare, I can't tell you if I've ever felt like my life was at risk because of another person..... Not one Trump supporter I've asked has been able to give me an answer..... And that's because we live in America, where by and large, it's a pretty damn safe place to live.

What about human trafficking that is going on? Am I scared this is not a safe place to live, no. I know I am safe, but some people do not feel safe. They are out there and some do not like talking about it and some can't.

What happened w/Toby Keith? Has that been brought up here and I missed it?

(and nothing that happened to Ivanka was because of people's jealously - the day would have just gone along if your President hadn't cried about it in a tweet and then had one of his lackys bring it up on national tv).

Nothing he's getting attention for is because people are chasing him down to pick on him. He continues to do things unpresidential, he!! doing things that are uncouth and rude for a normal person to do, much less a 70 year old in the public eye (much less the president). The news is simply reporting it. If your issue is with that it won't stop till he does.

I am still free guys how about you?

I am too, but I can link you to dozens who aren't directly because of Trump.

Okay who is not free, the press? He takes shots at them and they take shots at him-freedom at its finest.

The media is doing its job to try and make Trump look terrible, nothing of such was done to Obama.

bullsh#t.
You are correct, but I misstyped and meant to say Obama did not have all of this media hate this fast. It comes with every president, but this is the most I have seen hate toward a president in a while- in this short amount of time. Go back to the 1860 election to find all of this disagreement/ hate toward a potus right as he gets elected.

We all get our voice and we all need to continue to respect one another, it saddens me to see all this hatred go around toward one guy or people who voted for him.

I agree we need to respect one another, that's why it's so disheartening that the President of the United States is so incredibly disrespectful to so many.

Not allowing immigrants in isn't disrespectful its just the way it should be. Come here legally and it is fine, come here illegally and what are you doing? Breaking the law that is in place. I know people need to seek refugee here for whatever reason but they can go anywhere in Europe and be just fine there.

I guess he is disrespectful to the press, but no one talks about all the hate filled shots they take at him too. It goes both ways for the media and the potus.

Women apparently don't like him, but what about all the women that voted for him?