Trump's America

zoogs

I did not take that discussion seriously.

EDIT - and to explain that "character assassination" post, I think most of the social media stuff about Trump's steak habits were the typical kind of nuisance anti-that-guy stuff you see about every president. If the words "character assassination" made it seem like I was taking it seriously... eh.

My mistake. It wasn't even explicitly about dementia.

The Independent Journal Review had a writer document his experience of what it's like to "eat dinner with Donald Trump".

Inside the article, an anonymous waiter was quoted as describing the situation. The only reference to the well done steak with catsup is from a waiter at the restaurant.

Then Dave Itzkoff, a culture reporter for the New York Times, after reading the IJR article, tweeted about the discrepancy between Trump's understanding of when SNL airs and actual reality.

Then someone else took that as evidence for their "Trump has dementia" theory.

Regardless, what does any of this actually have to do with Trump's meal?

Both apparently need ketchup?

Honestly, this link could go in several different threads active on HuskerBoard right now:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-lays-out-plan-for-%E2%80%98new-chapter-of-american-greatness%E2%80%99-in-speech-to-congress/ar-AAnDVKt?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

“We are one people, with one destiny,” Trump said quietly near the end. “The time for small thinking is over. The time for trivial fights is behind us. We just need the courage to share the dreams that fill our hearts.”

I did not watch Trump's address to Congress. And while I appreciate what he said in the part I quoted, it matters not if tomorrow it's back to his business as usual tactics.

1. Get tough on illegal immigration, okay fine.
  2. Get tough on all terrorists, both foreign and domestic, no problem.
  3. Bring great paying jobs back to America, awesome.
  4. Rebuild our infrastructure, great idea.
  5. Actually improve health care, give people more care while lowering costs, that's fantastic.

But can Trump do ANY of that without demonizing any segment of the American populace?

Can white Republicans suddenly realize that being non-white, lbgtqia, non-christian is not automatically "anti-American" and out to destroy everything they hold dear?

Will Republicans stop these ludicrous religious freedom laws which only serve to legalize discrimination?

I have all the doubt in the world. But hey, Trump...prove me wrong. Prove you're serious and tell your republican cohorts that any legislation they pass which codifies hatred, bigotry, intolerance, and discrimination will be vetoed. Do all that, and you'll win me over.

#Won'tHoldMyBreath #BelieveItWhenItHappensWhichWillBeNever

What a joke....freaking ridiculous. Show some respect https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/836773344011763714

Is there video proof of this?
Probably not since they retracted the only photo in an article about them citing that it wasn't even from the correct part of the speech, and that is the only tweet I've seen.

I saw one video where everyone in view is atleast clapping, and it looks like everyone is standing except for the joint cheifs. Why don't we talk about them? Why didn't that trigger you Dewiz?

• Fire 5

If they didn't (and I don't see anyone else saying they didn't) neither did the JCOS, and you can clearly see them not standing. Why are they not being called out? This was one of their own, who they advised be sent on a mission that resulted in his death. Shouldn't they be standing?

Maybe this has to do with his death being used as a political football...

• Fire 2

What a joke....freaking ridiculous. Show some respect https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/836773344011763714

Is there video proof of this?
Probably not since they retracted the only photo in an article about them citing that it wasn't even from the correct part of the speech, and that is the only tweet I've seen.

I saw one video where everyone in view is atleast clapping, and it looks like everyone is standing except for the joint cheifs. Why don't we talk about them? Why didn't that trigger you Dewiz?

AHA!! The smoking gun that wasn't!!