Trump's America

zoogs

This whole QAnon phenomenon is starting to pick up steam, and it's absolutely... bizarre, crazy, sad. I mean, why do so many people choose to believe in conspiracy theories like these? Where did we go wrong as a country?

QAnon: The conspiracy theory explained, after Q posters spotted at Trump's Florida rally

Who is Q? Behind conspiracy theory erupting at Trump rallies

What does the conspiracy group QAnon have to do with Trump?

Having very far right idiot republicans take up the mantel of Anon and follow someone posting under the moniker 'Q' and not understanding that basically Anon has existed solely to troll stupid people and Q is from the 90s star trek shows and was basically an omnipotent troublemaker that messed with people for his own whims, is idk what, weird to say the least.  Sad that their gullibility knows no depths even when it should be transparent that they are being taken for a ride to give some people a big laugh at how stupid they are.

• Plus1 2

I wandered over to an Ohio State board to see their reaction about Meyer and it’s pretty incredible. Most of them were railing against “fake news,” CNN, ESPN and its liberal slant, all members of the media in general, and the witch hunt against Urban Meyer. It was pretty clear they were fans of Trump and it’s amusing because the GOP is the party that loves to claim they’re all for personal accountability, but apparently it’s always the media’s fault.

• Plus1 5

I'd imagine at least some of these people find a sense of community in that garbage and find it makes their day to day life more exciting or enjoyable than just dealing with, you know, reality. Admittedly, the latter can be a bit drab at times.

But when you opt for insane conspiracy theories because of lack of community in your life or needing to justify your weird worldview or whatever, something is still incredibly off.

• Plus1 1

very tough video to watch.   if these really are ICE agents they should have shown a warrant or badges.  i wonder if these guys are actually white supremacists claiming to be federal agents?  what would happen if these people had "stood their ground" and the 'officers' ended up dead?  with no badges or warrant shown i think stand your ground might have been in force.  these people had no idea if these were actual agents or not.  

• Plus1 1

https://apple.news/AczJjSgnuQ8GgC8TUamKkJg

ULYSSES, Pa. — The traffic sign that greets visitors on the south side of Ulysses, a tiny town in rural far north-central Pennsylvania, is suitably quaint — a silhouette of a horse-drawn cart reminding drivers that the Amish use the roads, too. But on the north side of town, along the main thoroughfare, is a far different display: a home dedicated to Adolf Hitler, where star-spangled banners and Nazi flags flutter side by side and wooden swastikas stand on poles.

• Plus1 1

Went to Chicago yesterday and outside an L platform got to listen to a middle aged white man program how great life is everyday in Trump's America, how the president can do aaaanything he wants, while biking back and forth in front of a few teenage girls he greeted as "lovely senoritas". I didn't stick around to see where it went from there, but it sure seemed like another case of an emboldened white supremacist.

This s#!t makes me uncomfortable. Can't imagine what it would be like to be a person of color living in this country.

• Plus1 2
10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

https://apple.news/AczJjSgnuQ8GgC8TUamKkJg

ULYSSES, Pa. — The traffic sign that greets visitors on the south side of Ulysses, a tiny town in rural far north-central Pennsylvania, is suitably quaint — a silhouette of a horse-drawn cart reminding drivers that the Amish use the roads, too. But on the north side of town, along the main thoroughfare, is a far different display: a home dedicated to Adolf Hitler, where star-spangled banners and Nazi flags flutter side by side and wooden swastikas stand on poles.

You cant claim to be a nazi or confederate and also claim to be an American its impossible.

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You would think that would be logical to everyone. 

It really don't get these people. Saying you're a racist is one thing but them claiming you're a neo nazi or confederate while also a real American is just about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. These people are all traitors.

• Plus1 3
On 8/5/2018 at 7:32 AM, commando said:

very tough video to watch.   if these really are ICE agents they should have shown a warrant or badges.  i wonder if these guys are actually white supremacists claiming to be federal agents?  what would happen if these people had "stood their ground" and the 'officers' ended up dead?  with no badges or warrant shown i think stand your ground might have been in force.  these people had no idea if these were actual agents or not.  

Good grief.  Someone living in this country for 25 year - this zero tolerance policy is basically ethnic cleansing 'American Style'.   When we start arresting people and sending the to a strange company where they no longer have family,  friends, or any other associations we are dooming them to poverty or worse.  This is not the kind of America I grew up in nor is it the kind I want to live in.    Time to vote for a total change. 

• Plus1 3