Trump's America

zoogs

His comments about slavery were appalling. They really pissed me off. I think he knows he's a borderline musical/lyrical genius so he sometimes goes on these riffs that I assume he thinks are byproducts of his genius but winds up saying some really ignorant stuff. 

I'm with you in spirit, though, Landlord. I agree with your premise. I couldn't care less who he supports politically. I did think it was weird he claimed SNL people told him to not wear his MAGA hat when he apparently went around backstage asking people if he should wear it. Why lie about that?

Was it not abundantly clear that 'slavery was a choice' is not what he literally meant? 

"We need to have open discussions and ideas on unsettled pain... to make myself clear. Of course I know that slaves did not get shackled and put on a boat by free will. 

"My point is for us to have stayed in that position even though the numbers were on our side means that we were mentally enslaved," he added.

He then compared himself to Willie Lynch, a slave owned who was said to have delivered a speech about controlling black slaves by turning them against one another (historians have doubted whether the speech was ever made).  

"Kanye vs the media is modern day Willie Linch [sic] theory," he wrote.

"The reason why I brought up the 400 years point is because we can't be mentally imprisoned for another 400 years," he added. "We need free thought now. Even the statement was an example of free thought. It was just an idea."

5 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Was it not abundantly clear that 'slavery was a choice' is not what he literally meant? 

Nope. Coming up with an explanation after spouting off with the first dumb thing that comes to his mind is what he has always done. He likely meant exactly what he said when he said it.

It’s also not relevant what his explanation is I’m assuming days or weeks later. The damage is already done at that point. Also, the 2nd paragraph is BS. People in Nazi concentration camps outnumbered the guards too. Were they just “mentally enslaved” and “mentally murdered” ?

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, Landlord said:

idk, when i first heard it i seemed pretty certain that he was trying to make a bigger point but communicated very poorly

He hasn’t shown me any reason to give him the benefit of the doubt on this stuff. The only deeper meaning I usually look for when he opens his mouth is whether he’s saying it because he means it or saying it to get attention and more money. I think it’s at least half an act. He’s one of those people where it’s hard to gauge whether he is saying stupid things because he’s ignorant or he actually knows exactly what he’s doing. He’s kinda like Trump in that way. Either way the slavery comment was awful for the reasons I stated, regardless of his explanation later, and people are right to speak out against it and other comments he’s made. 

37 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Kanye is an incredible artist.......and at the same time an idiot.

And at the same time not taken nearly seriously enough for the ideas and things he's trying to explore. I agree with you and think he can be.... incredibly annoying and hilariously trollish sometimes, but he's also willing to fail in the public eye going after and exploring things other people aren't willing to and aren't willing to give him the space to do.

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

And at the same time not taken nearly seriously enough for the ideas and things he's trying to explore. I agree with you and think he can be.... incredibly annoying and hilariously trollish sometimes, but he's also willing to fail in the public eye going after and exploring things other people aren't willing to and aren't willing to give him the space to do.

Just because someone has a passion for something, doesn't mean they have a clue what they are talking about.

Trump Voters Say Men Face More Discrimination Than Women, African-Americans or LGBT People, Poll Says

Almost half of the folks in a recent poll who voted for President Donald Trump believe men in the United States face a significant amount of discrimination. 

In fact, the percentage of Trump voters who said men face significant discrimination was higher than the percentage of Trump voters who said women, LGBT, African-Americans or Mexican-Americans face significant discrimination.

The poll, released Wednesday by YouGov/The Economist, asked: "How much discrimination do the following people face in America today?" Listed were a number of demographic groups, and respondents could choose between "none at all," "not much," "a fair amount" and "a great deal" for each of them. 

A combined 49 percent of Trump voters said men face either "a great deal" (18 percent) or "a fair amount" (31 percent) of discrimination.

Here's how much discrimination Trump voters said other groups face, according to the survey: 

• Mexican-Americans: A combined 42 percent of Trump voters said Mexican-Americans face "a great deal" (9 percent) or "a fair amount" (33 percent) of discrimination. 
  • Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender people: A combined 41 percent of Trump voters said LGBT people face "a great deal" (9 percent) or "a fair amount" (32 percent) of discrimination. 
  • African-Americans: A combined 38 percent of Trump voters said African-Americans face "a great deal" (8 percent) or "a fair amount" (30 percent) of discrimination. 
  • Women: A combined 30 percent of Trump voters said women face "a great deal" (7 percent) or "a fair amount" (23 percent) of discrimination. 
  • Asian-Americans: A combined 27 percent of Trump voters said Asian-Americans face "a great deal" (6 percent) or "a fair amount" (21 percent) of discrimination. 

The combined percentages appear to indicate that Trump voters, on the whole, think men face more discrimination than women, Mexican-Americans, Asian-Americans, African-Americans or the LGBT community. 

• Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Trump Voters Say Men Face More Discrimination Than Women, African-Americans or LGBT People, Poll Says

Almost half of the folks in a recent poll who voted for President Donald Trump believe men in the United States face a significant amount of discrimination. 

In fact, the percentage of Trump voters who said men face significant discrimination was higher than the percentage of Trump voters who said women, LGBT, African-Americans or Mexican-Americans face significant discrimination.

The poll, released Wednesday by YouGov/The Economist, asked: "How much discrimination do the following people face in America today?" Listed were a number of demographic groups, and respondents could choose between "none at all," "not much," "a fair amount" and "a great deal" for each of them. 

A combined 49 percent of Trump voters said men face either "a great deal" (18 percent) or "a fair amount" (31 percent) of discrimination.

Here's how much discrimination Trump voters said other groups face, according to the survey: 

• Mexican-Americans: A combined 42 percent of Trump voters said Mexican-Americans face "a great deal" (9 percent) or "a fair amount" (33 percent) of discrimination. 
  • Lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender people: A combined 41 percent of Trump voters said LGBT people face "a great deal" (9 percent) or "a fair amount" (32 percent) of discrimination. 
  • African-Americans: A combined 38 percent of Trump voters said African-Americans face "a great deal" (8 percent) or "a fair amount" (30 percent) of discrimination. 
  • Women: A combined 30 percent of Trump voters said women face "a great deal" (7 percent) or "a fair amount" (23 percent) of discrimination. 
  • Asian-Americans: A combined 27 percent of Trump voters said Asian-Americans face "a great deal" (6 percent) or "a fair amount" (21 percent) of discrimination. 

The combined percentages appear to indicate that Trump voters, on the whole, think men face more discrimination than women, Mexican-Americans, Asian-Americans, African-Americans or the LGBT community. 

GOP propaganda working nicely. Must be nice to live such a coddled life that you think being informed that minorities and women have been and are discriminated against is a form of discrimination.

Reminds me a little of the poster below. The skulls of course belong to the innocent victims of the Jews:

12799432_1_x.jpg?version=1346534033&form

@HuskerNation1  I have a question for you and really didn't think he deserves it's own thread and thought maybe this is the best one since its talking about "America".

I'm asking this definitely not as an attack on you and I hope others don't take this as such.  I'm asking for discussion purposes and I'm truly interested.

I noticed your sig like is "Proud Patriot".

Question:  Do you consider yourself more of a "Patriot" than others on this board?  If so, why?