Trump's America

zoogs

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

This isn’t all about Trump but he sure has capitalized on it. 

Nice job of Sasse to pimp his own book in the process of being virtuous, and to do it by illegally using an affiliate amazon link without saying so. 

• Plus1 3

A Florida man accused of groping a female passenger on a Southwest Airlines flight Sunday allegedly told authorities that the president of the U.S. "says it's OK" to grab women by their private parts, according to a criminal complaint.

Bruce Michael Alexander, 49, of Tampa, made his initial appearance in federal court Monday in Albuquerque, N.M., on a charge of abusive sexual contact. It was not immediately clear if he had an attorney.

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/florida-man-accused-of-groping-passenger-on-southwest-flight

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

While I agree with Powell's statement, his comments about lying seem a bit hollow. His lies helped start a trillion dollar war and cost 500k lives. He, along with many others, is as culpable as anyone currently in power. 

• Plus1 3

12 hours ago, Fru said:

While I agree with Powell's statement, his comments about lying seem a bit hollow. His lies helped start a trillion dollar war and cost 500k lives. He, along with many others, is as culpable as anyone currently in power. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he unaware that the information he was speaking to was false? Wasn't it fed to him by the administration and he was asked to present it?

37 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he unaware that the information he was speaking to was false? Wasn't it fed to him by the administration and he was asked to present it?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/jonathan-schwarz/colin-powell-wmd-iraq-war_b_2624620.html

Seems like a g*ddamn liar to me. He can deflect and avoid responsibility by saying the intelligence was "flawed" all he wants, but ultimately he was the one on the world stage begging for war based on information he knew was bogus. 

• Plus1 1
43 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I wonder if as a soldier I would feel demeaned by being sent to the Mexican border for a pointless mission or if I would be happy to be sent to a place where I’m in no danger of being killed or even harmed.

If it were me.....I would be happy that I'm not sitting in Afghanistan.....but....pissed that I'm being sent on a mission completely based on the desires of the President's party to win an election and I'm still not able to be home with my wife and kids.