Trump's America

zoogs

18 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I thought you implied that all the men you listed were men of character and morality.

I assumed he was talking about decorum. Trump can be a d*** to people in private all he wants and it wouldn’t have much or an effect on the country. But he’s a d*** to everyone publicly. I’m not sure which harms us the most, his behavior toward our allies, or the press, or the CIA/FBI/etc.

• Plus1 1

A prime example of how Bush was so different than the idiot we have now.

I heard an interview this morning from a top aid that was with him for most of his public life.  He told of when the Berlin wall came down.  Bush called a meeting and told everyone explicitly, not to boast about it.  Don't go to the media bragging about it...etc.  Be dignified and ultimately, it will help build a better relationship with Russia in the aftermath.  

Wow....what a difference we have now.

I watched a documentary on Netflix this weekend called Evil Genius. It's a pretty f#&%ed up and disturbing show based on the murder of Brian Wells, the so called Pizza Bomber. I couldn't help but think the whole time I was watching that one of the main conspirators, Marjorie Diehl-Armstrong, has a personality that was strikingly similar to Trump's. Depending on what psychiatrist she was seeing she had a range of mental disorders, from narcissism to bi-polar disorder. Everyone was out to frame her, she constantly let everyone know how much smarter she was than others, she could never tell the truth, and she threatened to sue anyone who she felt wronged her. It was kind of funny how similar they we're, if it wasn't so damn sad.

• Plus1 1

i wonder how fox news and rush would have covered this story if it had been an antifa patch?   if they cover it now they will call him the victim of the extreme left liberal crazies.

edit to add....the hammer and sickle patch just above and to the left in this picture is said to be an oath keepers patch.  not sure if true but none of the others have that patch that i can see so not part of regulation uniform at least. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oath_Keepers

5 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

A prime example of how Bush was so different than the idiot we have now.

I heard an interview this morning from a top aid that was with him for most of his public life.  He told of when the Berlin wall came down.  Bush called a meeting and told everyone explicitly, not to boast about it.  Don't go to the media bragging about it...etc.  Be dignified and ultimately, it will help build a better relationship with Russia in the aftermath.  

Wow....what a difference we have now.

yes, that is amazing. That is also a demonstration of why I rant against Trump.  Let's say Trump's policies were everything I desired (they aren't by the way), I'd still rant against the guy because he is rude,  childish,  a media hound, wt the narcissistic personality disorder that is so un-presidential.   41 was a class act,  45 is a class clown.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
22 hours ago, Clifford Franklin said:

In which H.W. describes everything the GOP is not today.

Thanks for sharing. There need to be more people who try to lead the GOP with these values or they'll continue to actively cheapen and harm our political system moving forward.

I saw this video earlier and thought that he is the anti-trump for sure. Amazing how Trump has corrupted the GOP of today.

38 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

I saw this video earlier and thought that he is the anti-trump for sure. Amazing how Trump has corrupted the GOP of today.

the forces that gave us trump have long been trying to take over the republican party.   i remember seeing a quote from bush talking about how the far right would destroy the republican party if they ever succeeded in taking over.   to many of us didn't take the warning seriously.  and here we are.   

• Plus1 1

34 minutes ago, GSG said:

Womanizer ain't the word for it. There's nothing wrong with being merely a womanizer. I'm thinking George Clooney but maybe he wasn't as bad as what the word is intended for. But when I see "womanizer" I think of a dude that has a lot of women, and that's fine as long as they're cool with it.

18 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Womanizer ain't the word for it. There's nothing wrong with being merely a womanizer. I'm thinking George Clooney but maybe he wasn't as bad as what the word is intended for. But when I see "womanizer" I think of a dude that has a lot of women, and that's fine as long as they're cool with it.

Except this womanizer has been married for a while and gets a free pass from evangelicals.

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

Except this womanizer has been married for a while and gets a free pass from evangelicals.

He isn't a womanizer. That makes the womanizers look worse than they are. He's an adulterer, and possibly a sexual assaulter. Unless I don't understand the word, womanizers aren't committing adultery by default, and they definitely don't sexually assault by default.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

He isn't a womanizer. That makes the womanizers look worse than they are. He's an adulterer, and possibly a sexual assaulter. Unless I don't understand the word, womanizers aren't committing adultery by default, and they definitely don't sexually assault by default.

Womanizing is having several casual sexual encounters with many women.  And it's possible to be both a womanizer and adulterer.