Trump's America

zoogs

6 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So now Vietnam veterans are getting eye rolls. 

Trump supporters are so precious. 

I feel eel like this board is inhabited with a middle schooler. 

Just ignore it. It's pretty laughable, actually sad,  that someone feels the need to troll every post in P&R instead of engaging in discussion. #cryingface

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

So now Vietnam veterans are getting eye rolls. 

Trump supporters are so precious. 

I feel eel like this board is inhabited with a middle schooler. 

teach is 1 of the eye rollers who is doing it just to troll the forum.   

53 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

The president's first tweet of the day.  Exactly what MLK was trying to convey to the American people 50 years ago

I know this graph is going to come as a total shock... (ok, it does not include most of 2018, but this is a Trump claim so I’m guessing the line is just slightly steeper than the others).

Anyhow, thanks Obama. 

Graph%202.png

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I know this graph is going to come as a total shock... (ok, it does not include most of 2018, but this is a Trump claim so I’m guessing the line is just slightly steeper than the others).

Graph%202.png

I guess he is correct that 2018 may have been the best 1 year growth in manufacturing jobs since 1997.  But it clearly shows an upward trend since 2010 so to me, it's like the SEC claiming football dominance because Alabama wins another championship.

3 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I guess he is correct that 2018 may have been the best 1 year growth in manufacturing jobs since 1997.  But it clearly shows an upward trend since 2010 so to me, it's like the SEC claiming football dominance because Alabama wins another championship.

Ya. I don’t think what he’s bragging about is completely on the graph yet but that line probably moves up a little steeper. I could have made that post without even looking it up because everything he brags about ends up being the same story. 

• Plus1 2

11 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Let's do both!

<sigh>

Another example of why a wall makes no sense and is ineffective:

Largest single group of migrants ever tunnels under border wall in Arizona, says Border Protection

The largest single group of asylum seekers ever to cross into the U.S. tunneled beneath the border wall near San Luis, Arizona, on Monday, voluntarily turning themselves into Customs and Border Protection, according to the agency.

Migrants can be seen marching toward Border Patrol agents by the hundreds, according to video obtained by ABC News. Smugglers dug a series of seven holes, only a few feet long beneath the steel border fence, with hundreds going beneath the wall and a smaller number clambering over it, according to CBP.

Not only was the steel wall ineffective, but CBP didn't catch them - the immigrants turned themselves over to CBP. And here's an image to show it's not some flimsy fence:

border-tunnel-ho-mo-20190118_hpEmbed_4x3

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

<sigh>

Another example of why a wall makes no sense and is ineffective:

Largest single group of migrants ever tunnels under border wall in Arizona, says Border Protection

Not only was the steel wall ineffective, but CBP didn't catch them - the immigrants turned themselves over to CBP. And here's an image to show it's not some flimsy fence:

border-tunnel-ho-mo-20190118_hpEmbed_4x3

It's odd to me that the response to illegals penetrating our current border obstructions is to just stop trying to keep them from doing it.

I'm almost certain that there are engineers out there that could figure something out. 

• Plus1 1