Trump's America

zoogs

16 hours ago, Moiraine said:

GOP response to SOTU:

“Trump sounded very presidential tonight. It’s time to heal the wounds in this country and move forward together as one if you're white.”

Fixed for accuracy. 

/s

• Plus1 1

• 3 weeks later...

11 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

But boy we better make sure all immigrants jump through all of the million hoops to get their place at the American table (and rightly so - there should be a process) but Trump preaches one thing and does another wt his son in law.   And by the way, who is a greater security risk - the average illegal coming across the boarder trying to earn money to help his family  or a inexperienced son in law (who had no dealings at all in foreign affairs outside of his business relationships), now entrusted with intel secrets.  If these are the new qualifications then sign me up - I talk to people around the world every day due to my position at work.  But it doesn't make me qualified to have a seat at the intel meetings where sensitive info is being shared.   So when does constantly lying to the American people start disqualifying someone from holding the office of POTUS:dunno

• Plus1 3
24 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

But boy we better make sure all immigrants jump through all of the million hoops to get their place at the American table (and rightly so - there should be a process) but Trump preaches one thing and does another wt his son in law.  

It's no different than Trump railing against "Chain immigration" only to at the same time celebrate his in-laws becoming US citizens.

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's no different than Trump railing against "Chain immigration" only to at the same time celebrate his in-laws becoming US citizens.

True - but the in laws were privileged people - they were associated wt Trump. 

President Donald Trump vowed Saturday to sign an executive order requiring colleges and universities to "support free speech" in order to be eligible for federal research dollars.

“If they want our dollars, and we give it to them by the billions, they've got to allow people like Hayden and many other great young people and old people to speak," Trump said

Hayden is the guy who got punched by some other college student.

This announcement is very frightening because the statement implies that a university could have funding taken away because one student punches another. Imagine how people in Trump’s admin would pick and choose which schools receive funding. To me it sounds like an excuse to defund schools. 

I think this might never come to pass, like a lot of things Trump says he’s going to do, but it’s not a good thing no matter how he phrases it. It’s like when people like Pence or Cruz talk about religious freedom. What they really mean is Christian immunity.

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/03/02/politics/trump-executive-order-colleges-free-speech/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

• Plus1 2