Trump's America

zoogs

52 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

The GOP has done this to themselves. Trump has nothing to do with corrupt McConnel. Trump has nothing to do with boot licker Lindsay Graham. Trump has nothing to do with climate denier loser from Utah whatever his name is. Trump has nothing to do with crybaby Jim Jordan and the other guy from NC. Trump has nothing to do with DUI Gaetz. Trump has nothing to do with KKK Steve King. The list goes on and on of bad people in that party. 

Agree - if the GOP had not policed itself in the decade previous, we would not have had a Trump.  Trump capitalized on what the GOP had become or was becoming and pushed it full bore into the image that we have today.   What Trump has basically done is 'codify' or made it (IT=the action/words of those you mentioned) "acceptable" among GOPers by  placing it in the WH in the form of himself.  He was already that corrupt, racist person before he ran and he found opportunity because the GOP had moved his direction.   It is easy to denounce or dismiss a congressman or a senator but when the same ilk gets into the WH, it stains more than a single individual.  

This is f#&%ing pitiful. Another thing that should have gotten him removed from office on its own.

But in a meeting this year, Mick Mulvaney, the White House chief of staff, made it clear that Mr. Trump still equated any public discussion of malign Russian election activity with questions about the legitimacy of his victory. According to one senior administration official, Mr. Mulvaney said it “wasn’t a great subject and should be kept below his level.”

Even though the Department of Homeland Security has primary responsibility for civilian cyberdefense, Ms. Nielsen eventually gave up on her effort to organize a White House meeting of cabinet secretaries to coordinate a strategy to protect next year’s elections.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/24/us/politics/russia-2020-election-trump.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

This is f#&%ing pitiful. Another thing that should have gotten him removed from office on its own.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/24/us/politics/russia-2020-election-trump.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

I don't doubt that it's probably an accurate report.  But I wish the people that have left the administration would come clean with their frustrations. 

Until then, I don't think these reports don't do anything but piss people off more and give the Trump base the "out" of screaming "fake news!"

• Plus1 2

On 4/27/2019 at 11:31 AM, commando said:

feud within the NRA....oliver north leaves essentially saying the NRA is too corrupt.  

thread

So the NRA is too corrupt for the guy who illegally sold weapons to Iran? 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm finding this really interesting that this is all happening under a Republican President.  If Obama were still President, you would have the loony tune, aluminum foil hat wearing crowd all coming out claiming Obama and Hillary's secret society of government thugs are unconstitutionally infiltrating the fine organization of the NRA and destroying an American institution.

• Thanks 1

Sorry, don't agree with Warren on this.  Just seems like she is using this for political purposes.

Trump has screamed that the FBI investigation into his campaign was politically motivated and I don't remember Warren complaining about that.

Now, the DHS is simply "monitoring" protests around the country.  We know that Russia has influenced various protests and thrown fuel on flames to incite problems.  

I don't see why there is a difference between the two.  In both situations, they looked into issues where problems might be possible.  If they didn't, they aren't doing their jobs.

• Plus1 2