Trump's America

zoogs

23 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sorry, don't agree with Warren on this.  Just seems like she is using this for political purposes.

Trump has screamed that the FBI investigation into his campaign was politically motivated and I don't remember Warren complaining about that.

Now, the DHS is simply "monitoring" protests around the country.  We know that Russia has influenced various protests and thrown fuel on flames to incite problems.  

I don't see why there is a difference between the two.  In both situations, they looked into issues where problems might be possible.  If they didn't, they aren't doing their jobs.

I'm with you.  I would EXPECT our government and law enforcement agencies to do their due diligence to ensure that these peaceful protests remain peaceful.  Having information about who is attending them and where they are going to be sounds like a good thing to me.  And unless I missed it, this company found the information from public sources like Facebook pages inviting people to the marches.

The bigger issue I see, that the headline doesn't mention, is the use of private intelligence companies to collect information on groups that are providing aid to asylum seekers (once they are in the United States) so they can be prosecuted.  Not to mention Trump using these agencies to identify his detractors....

• Plus1 3

54 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I fail to see how so many groups support Trump when his policies hurt them.

Gold Star families are among those groups. We'll see how much longer.

First of all, why are we even taxing death benefits for a gold star family???

• Plus1 4
  • 2 weeks later...

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

:facepalm:

Maybe Trump saw Gene Simmons' role as a lawyer in "Extract" and wants to use him to negotiate some sort of deal with Iran. "I will remove these sanctions right now if you slam your testicles in that door."

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I know we usually just ignore it become Trump is an ignorant loudmouth...

But the language he uses and the dishonest way he frames everything is incredibly toxic and damaging to American politics.

There are some very very bad precedents being set in this administration that Republicans (and everyone) are going to regret later.