Trump's America

zoogs

1 hour ago, commando said:

On the morning of November 9, 2016, the America I knew and loved died.  Or rather, I woke that day to discover that it never really existed in the first place. 

This is how I've felt most of the time since then. I didn't realize there were this many racist and sexist people in the U.S. and people who are okay with racism and sexism (are the 2 separate things?). I was ignorant.

• Thanks 1

Trump Jr. amplified those attacks when, on Thursday, he shared a tweet sent by one user with the assertion, "Kamala Harris is *not* an American Black. She is half Indian and half Jamaican."

from a CNN article.

This trash needs to be gone from the White House.

• Plus1 1

On 6/27/2019 at 7:18 AM, Nebfanatic said:

Congressmen can not be joking like this. Dangerous and scary if you ask me. Why not just another republican in 2028. We can't let this idea of a Trump dictatorship take hold because it is seeping through his support, even if for now its just 'haha Trump Prez 4evr'. When congressmen start entertaining the idea, thats not ok.

Relax  :ahhhhhhhh US Constitution limits him to two terms.......

Unless he and his supporters stage a constitutional coup - then I just join you :ahhhhhhhh

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

Relax  :ahhhhhhhh US Constitution limits him to two terms.......

Unless he and his supporters stage a constitutional coup - then I just join you :ahhhhhhhh

I understand what the Constitution says about Presidential term limits, but there has been alot of 'jest' about Trump serving longer than 2 terms and I don't find it particularly funny, especially coming from a US Congressman. I expect it from Trump himself and his base but it doesn't make it any less dangerous and he should be getting more backlash from that childish video he loves to post of the Times cover.

• Plus1 1

brand new sherman tanks?   the tanks we used in WW2?

https://taskandpurpose.com/brand-new-sherman-tanks

The "Salute to America" this year is meant to pay tribute to the U.S. military. Speaking to reporters on Monday, the president said the event will showcase the latest fighter aircraft and tanks.

"We have to put them in certain areas but we have the brand new Sherman tanks and we have the brand new Abram tanks," 

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

not sure where tucker was trying to lead the village idiot.  was he trying to lead him into blaming the illegal immigrants or the liberals?   either way donnie ventured off the rails and took credit for the problem by saying it happened 2 years ago when he was prez and the republicans held all the power.

30 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well first of all, Asian cultures are huge on respect. Respect for self. Respect for others. Respect for culture. My brother has lived in SK for the last three years and these people have accepted him as their own. Virtually no crime. The best people you can imagine. 

In America, we care about ourselves. We care about profit. Work each other to the bone. No handouts. Pick yourself up by your bootstraps and if you fall on your face, its not my problem, you should have been better. Or we demonize you and call you a junkie, because if youre homeless, I mean it must be because youre a heroin addict, right? Not saying everyone is like that, but if we had a mindset like Japan and South Korea, maybe we wouldnt have as many people urinating on the streets or too poor to live. 

• Thanks 1
56 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

My brother has lived in SK for the last three years and these people have accepted him as their own. Virtually no crime.

Not to take away from the rest of your post, but I know a family who was transferred there for the husband's job.  They found it very different.

1 hour ago, Frott Scost said:

Well first of all, Asian cultures are huge on respect. Respect for self. Respect for others. Respect for culture. My brother has lived in SK for the last three years and these people have accepted him as their own. Virtually no crime. The best people you can imagine. 

In America, we care about ourselves. We care about profit. Work each other to the bone. No handouts. Pick yourself up by your bootstraps and if you fall on your face, its not my problem, you should have been better. Or we demonize you and call you a junkie, because if youre homeless, I mean it must be because youre a heroin addict, right? Not saying everyone is like that, but if we had a mindset like Japan and South Korea, maybe we wouldnt have as many people urinating on the streets or too poor to live. 

People in Tokyo drop dead from overwork. The work culture there is pretty crazy. 

• Plus1 1