Trump's America

zoogs

14 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

MAGA am I right?

ice said they planned this raid for over a year.   they either didn't think about all the kids being left at daycare or school with suddenly no parents to take care of them....or maybe they did think of that and did it anyway as the cruelty was part of the plan.  either incompetence or cruelty....can't come up with any thing else to answer why this happens if they planned this for so long.

I don’t get this. Why can’t the feds just show up and check for warrants.  If a person passes a background check and can show a solid work history, grant them a work visa contingent on continued employment and not committing crimes. And just leave them be as a part of the community.

Meanwhile, throw the piece of s#!t who hired them in prison.  He/she knew they were harboring undocumented workers and profiting from it.  They might as well be charged with trafficking.

2 hours ago, commando said:

ice said they planned this raid for over a year.   they either didn't think about all the kids being left at daycare or school with suddenly no parents to take care of them....or maybe they did think of that and did it anyway as the cruelty was part of the plan.  either incompetence or cruelty....can't come up with any thing else to answer why this happens if they planned this for so long. 

They don't care. They justify it as enforcing the law, doing their job... and probably think the abject cruelty will be some kind of deterrent.

Also an issue we don't talk about enough is that ICE is basically a repository for the s#!ttiest, most bigoted, nativist, racist a$$h@!es in our society. The type just looking for some authority to abuse. Standards to get hired there are basically nonexistent. Why would anyone expect good things from an organization largely staffed by some of the worst people in society? Organizations are just collections of individuals, after all.

I don't know that I'm for full-on abolishing ICE because the country writ large would freak out, but if anything what we're seeing is institutional rot propping up a broken agency with zero oversight or accountability. Half the country is mortified and the other half is applauding and glorifying them.

2 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

They don't care. They justify it as enforcing the law, doing their job... and probably think the abject cruelty will be some kind of deterrent.

Also an issue we don't talk about enough is that ICE is basically a repository for the s#!ttiest, most bigoted, nativist, racist a$$h@!es in our society. The type just looking for some authority to abuse. Standards to get hired there are basically nonexistent. Why would anyone expect good things from an organization largely staffed by some of the worst people in society? Organizations are just collections of individuals, after all.

I don't know that I'm for full-on abolishing ICE because the country writ large would freak out, but if anything what we're seeing is institutional rot propping up a broken agency with zero oversight or accountability. Half the country is mortified and the other half is applauding and glorifying them.

I'm 100% for abolishing the brownshirts at ICE. Then, maybe do some investigating of their pasts. 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I'm 100% for abolishing the brownshirts at ICE. Then, maybe do some investigating of their pasts. 

Personally I believe it's a broken and duplicative agency. Overhauling some agencies like CBP/ICE/DHS into one larger umbrella could simplify a lot of that government bloat conservatives love to rail against so much.

But the pragmatic part of me says too many other people would freak out if abolishing ICE became a reality because sadly the country is mostly to the right of where I am on immigration. And it sucks. :(

12 hours ago, funhusker said:

C’mon @NM11046...

There are a lot of avenues that are worth touring.  This one happens to be a dead end.

I found it interesting.  Mostly in a historical way - folks seem to think that Hitler was seen as a bad guy, and that his actions were disliked from early on in his movement.  That wasn't the case, he built a following based on his diatribe, smart people who got caught up in his "mission" and were unable to see the harm it was doing or was about to do  People that would never consider themselves bad people.  

History repeats itself, and there are parallels today that mimic so many things that happened in the past.  Long before Mussolini, Hitler and others were known for their worst offenses, they were mingling with people who considered themselves to be "good" and not folks that would seek to harm their fellow people.

If you like it or not - I don't much care, I thought it was interesting to see in a photo what historians and smart people have been saying for two years and people have been poo-pooing.

(And then there's the fact that our current leader is posing and celebrating during what is supposed to be an empathetic visit with victims of brutal attacks, but thats another thread that I'm sure has been discussed already.)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1