Trump's America

zoogs

I mean seriously, if you are so stupid and arrogant that you take a sharpie and draw a boob on an old weather map and then go on national tv to say it was what you saw and defend what you said - why is anybody able to even think he wouldnt lie about taxes, extra marital affairs, collusion?

• Plus1 4

44 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Judge Nap tees off on Trump -  The Temptation of Tyranny 

Story and video.    

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/judge-andrew-napolitano-temptation-tyranny

http://video.foxnews.com/v/6083433910001

I know Judge Nap has been very critical of Trump for a while.

But, I find it interesting that it seems like more negative commentary about Trump is coming from Fox that what has been in the past.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

But, I find it interesting that it seems like more negative commentary about Trump is coming from Fox that what has been in the past.

Its been a slow trickle that started around the time of the Mueller Report release. These are opinion pieces, but Fox does seem to be giving a bit more shine to the views of our President that aren't as rosy

5 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Its been a slow trickle that started around the time of the Mueller Report release. These are opinion pieces, but Fox does seem to be giving a bit more shine to the views of our President that aren't as rosy

That's the interesting thing.  As has been said on here before, their actual news information hasn't been bad.  But, their opinion shows had pretty much been nothing but praise for the dear leader....till, as you said, around the time of the Mueller Report.  It seems like it's changing slowly more and more.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Ailes/Murdoch's kids and predecessors are strategically trying to position the network more center, so they can get more money.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Ailes/Murdoch's kids and predecessors are strategically trying to position the network more center, so they can get more money.

I think it's more that they want to KEEP making a lot of money.

Ailes and Murdoch have built that up to be a very profitable company pandering to Republicans.  I get the feeling maybe the next generation sees the reputation Fox is getting and realize changes need to be made if it's to remain that successful long term.

I don't expect them to go to the center in a major way.  But, they feel (especially with the disaster Trump is) they need to at least appear like they are moving in that direction.  I've wondered for a while if Fox remains a successful network of they continue to move more and more to the extreme right.  The extreme right that they have been pandering to continues to get more and more extreme and Fox might be feeling pressure to not follow them quite that far.

Of course, they are a major part of pushing the right that far extreme.  I guess it's a chicken or egg type thing.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

As noted in the other posts - think when FoxNews started - mid 1990s - Clinton was the boggy man and Fox just followed Rush's formula, create the enemy, draw the crowd and keep the crowd by continuing finding new enemies --   now when you got trump in the WH - it maybe is time to find a new source of income long term as the GOP fades away. 

I think we discussed this elsewhere, but Fox News has a problem where the overwhelming majority of their viewers are Baby Boomers, and they're dying off. Gen X, Gen Y, Millennials, Whateverthef**kthisgenerationis, they're all overwhelmingly center or left on the political spectrum (as they've lived through multiple GOP administrations and have a keen sense for their bulls***).

Add to this that the number of people claiming no religion is a group statistically the same size as Evangelical Christians, (29% to 31% with a +/- 3%), which is a significant growth in the non-religious set, and Fox News' viewership is leaving and will be gone. 

Unless the GOP moves significantly further left than they are on the political spectrum (read: they get rid of their evangelical base), they'll follow Fox News to the trash bin soon enough because they won't have a base to support them.