Trump's America

zoogs

On 10/7/2019 at 9:33 PM, schriznoeder said:

Great thread.

On a similar vein:

This is why I immediately mute all the Trumpsters who come here with their distraction attempts. There is zero point in trying to reason with someone who commits to an unreasonable position.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2

Not even sure where to put this. I’m genuinely having difficulty comprehending what I just read. All of his corruption and incompetence aside. I cannot fathom doing this to a grieving family. This man is beyond psychotic. 

“You can almost imagine the reality-show excitement that surely went into the ill-considered plan to introduce Anne Sacoolas, the American diplomatic wife who killed 19-year-old motorcyclist Harry Dunn when she drove down the wrong side of an English lane in August, to Dunn’s grieving parents. Sacoolas left the U.K. in early September under diplomatic-immunity protections and has not been seen in public since.

The Dunn family, now in the United Statesto drum up support to send Sacoolas back to the U.K. to face justice, had accepted an “urgent” invitation by the White House from National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien, to visit Donald Trump in Washington, D.C. Trump, it seems, thought he could convince the Dunns to meet the woman who killed their son, and would do so by opening a side door through which she would walk. The whole scene would be captured by a pool of photographers who had been summoned for the meeting. 

But the Dunns would have none of it and refused to meet her. Dunn family spokesman Radd Seiger said that the family felt “ambushed” when the “bombshell” was dropped that Sacoolas was next door.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/anne-sacoolas-grieving-parents-ambushed-by-trump-who-was-hiding-spy-wife-at-the-white-house

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Fru said:

Not even sure where to put this. I’m genuinely having difficulty comprehending what I just read. All of his corruption and incompetence aside. I cannot fathom doing this to a grieving family. This man is beyond psychotic. 

“You can almost imagine the reality-show excitement that surely went into the ill-considered plan to introduce Anne Sacoolas, the American diplomatic wife who killed 19-year-old motorcyclist Harry Dunn when she drove down the wrong side of an English lane in August, to Dunn’s grieving parents. Sacoolas left the U.K. in early September under diplomatic-immunity protections and has not been seen in public since.

The Dunn family, now in the United Statesto drum up support to send Sacoolas back to the U.K. to face justice, had accepted an “urgent” invitation by the White House from National Security Adviser Robert O’Brien, to visit Donald Trump in Washington, D.C. Trump, it seems, thought he could convince the Dunns to meet the woman who killed their son, and would do so by opening a side door through which she would walk. The whole scene would be captured by a pool of photographers who had been summoned for the meeting. 

But the Dunns would have none of it and refused to meet her. Dunn family spokesman Radd Seiger said that the family felt “ambushed” when the “bombshell” was dropped that Sacoolas was next door.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/anne-sacoolas-grieving-parents-ambushed-by-trump-who-was-hiding-spy-wife-at-the-white-house

Considering there was a Vice article where the parents called the occupants of the White House "nincompoops", I'd start a new thread with "nincompoop" somewhere in the title (since we don't hear that word enough anymore).

Just one nincompoop making a suggestion. 

• Plus1 1