Trump's America

zoogs

22 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

No...I thought that was childish too. 

I'm glad you see it that way. My 2 cents on the handshake critique: 

1) He didn't shake Pence's hand either, and I'm not sure he saw Nancy offer

2) Regardless, I wouldn't blame him for shunning her. A week or 2 ago, she was handing out commemorative impeachment pens. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

I don't usually watch these awards shows because I almost never feel I have a dog in the fight...But...I did find myself wondering what it means when some of the politicians applaud every time the POTUS takes a 10-second break and others sit on their hands and make mean faces. Is this just to show approval/disapproval? Some of the things Trump said were pretty much what I would expect everyone would like..Like better education, healthcare, etc...I kept wondering if Kaitlyn...er..Nancy is against these.

30 minutes ago, HUSKER 37 said:

I don't usually watch these awards shows because I almost never feel I have a dog in the fight...But...I did find myself wondering what it means when some of the politicians applaud every time the POTUS takes a 10-second break and others sit on their hands and make mean faces. Is this just to show approval/disapproval? Some of the things Trump said were pretty much what I would expect everyone would like..Like better education, healthcare, etc...I kept wondering if Kaitlyn...er..Nancy is against these.

This is how it is every single year and I've always thought it's stupid.

That said I don't think I'd applaud if someone doing everything they can to get rid of something talks about how much they support it.

4 hours ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I'm glad you see it that way. My 2 cents on the handshake critique: 

1) He didn't shake Pence's hand either, and I'm not sure he saw Nancy offer

2) Regardless, I wouldn't blame him for shunning her. A week or 2 ago, she was handing out commemorative impeachment pens. 

Hmmm....glad to know you find her childish but support his childish move. He clearly saw her. 

11 hours ago, HUSKER 37 said:

As a parent with a child who has a lifelong illness, I worry about the protections put into place with the ACA/Obamacare for pre-existing conditions. Trump has tried hard to eliminate those protections. When he mentioned his accomplishments in regards to health care, I know from my watching this topic intently, he was lying. Actions>Words.

• Plus1 4

2 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Yes it was.  Doesn't make me feel too good though.  That's for sure.  You bombard some people with misinformation enough times and eventually they will believe it.  The number of gullible, uneducated and generally stupid people in this country cannot be underestimated.  I even know several "smart" people who are Trumpers.  They're not immune from this either.  

The actual damage that social media is doing to this country also, cannot be underestimated.

People just don't care about the truth and I just don't get it.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
12 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Yes it was.  Doesn't make me feel too good though.  That's for sure.  You bombard some people with misinformation enough times and eventually they will believe it.  The number of gullible, uneducated and generally stupid people in this country cannot be underestimated.  I even know several "smart" people who are Trumpers.  They're not immune from this either.  

The actual damage that social media is doing to this country also, cannot be underestimated.

People just don't care about the truth and I just don't get it.  

That's the thing about it. The disinformation system is designed to work on people you would consider intelligent and educated. Like the article says, its not so much about getting you to believe the lies as much as it is about getting you to question absolutely everything. Scary times we live in..we would all likely be better off if Facebook went the way of the dino but that is highly unlikely to happen any time soon

11 hours ago, Mike Mcdee said:

As a parent with a child who has a lifelong illness, I worry about the protections put into place with the ACA/Obamacare for pre-existing conditions. Trump has tried hard to eliminate those protections. When he mentioned his accomplishments in regards to health care, I know from my watching this topic intently, he was lying. Actions>Words.

I was trying to assume that Nancy or the rest of that ''side'' were actually in favor of maintaining those protections..Just not happy with the method of going about them.   When I think about it, I doubt either side really cares..Just which public position gets you the most votes.