Trump's America

zoogs

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

He's laying the groundwork for future pardons. Sending a signal that his cronies can count on him to pardon them.

Exactly what I was thinking.  I've commuted the sentence of the Dem Gov- I can do the same in an 'impartial' way with my friends.

12 hours ago, QMany said:

In light of today's pardons/commutations, remember when @Notre Dame Joe and others tried to rationalize bribing Ukraine as "Trump cares about corruption." :lol: 

Looking at this List of people granted executive clemency by Donald Trump and their charges, some common themes seem to hit home with this Administration. 

You're not for criminal justice reform?

11 hours ago, QMany said:

Oh, and white supremacy and misogyny. 

there's hope for Mayor Pete after all.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

Trump Jr. calling Brad Pitt an elitist is laughable. He grew up in Oklahoma and Missouri, and I assume had a middle class upbringing. 

One thing I find really weird is people scoffing so much when an actor has an opinion. A lot of actors came from poor and middle class families. And then even when they get rich a lot of them continue to be against policies that help the rich and hurt the poor. 

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Trump Jr. calling Brad Pitt an elitist is laughable. He grew up in Oklahoma and Missouri, and I assume had a middle class upbringing. 

One thing I find really weird is people scoffing so much when an actor has an opinion. A lot of actors came from poor and middle class families. And then even when they get rich a lot of them continue to be against policies that help the rich and hurt the poor. 

Well, Pitt was a Frat guy and lord knows lots of people hate frat guys and think they are elitist.  

He also went to University of Mizzo...so...well...that is a strike!

But he managed to make Troy a good movie even though the box office poison Eric Bana was in it, so that is impressive. 

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

But... it's Trump Jr. saying it.

I guess I don't think that just because you were born into money that you are an elitist.  

I don't think you think that that either.

Just like I don't think that if you are in a frat that you are an elitist...I also don't think you think that.

My guess, because I don't know either of them, is that they are probably pretty freaking normal, with the exception that Pitt looks like he was made in a lab or possibly that he was the man they were going to use if they were to reboot Weird Science but with female high school nerds.

8 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Is this the celebrity who flies around on a private jet to lecture the rubes about the dangers of carbon emissions?  A man's net worth doesn't affect my view of his opinions as much as what he does with it. 

9 hours ago, teachercd said:

I guess I don't think that just because you were born into money that you are an elitist.  

I don't think you think that that either.

Just like I don't think that if you are in a frat that you are an elitist...I also don't think you think that.

My guess, because I don't know either of them, is that they are probably pretty freaking normal, with the exception that Pitt looks like he was made in a lab or possibly that he was the man they were going to use if they were to reboot Weird Science but with female high school nerds.

Donald Trump Jr is definitely elitist and he learned it from his dad who is an elitist who learned it from his dad who was an elitist. They view themselves above the rest. Fred Trump told little Donald he was better than those who didn't have and Donald took that worldview and ran with it. This is fairly well known information. 

• Plus1 1