Trump's America

zoogs

19 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I'm not seeing what your point is in the first paragraph. There are schools wanting to have reduced time in the classroom and people are fighting against that. I think the schools and school districts and local governments (with the advice of medical professionals) should have the biggest say and they should be cautious. Having lowly populated dormitories isn't being incautious. I'm not even sure if that's the point you're trying to make. I live in an apartment and it has maintenance people and cleaning people.

Why would schools not get a say? Why does it matter if we let foreigners come in and take online classes?

I am saying the schools should not dictate the status of the visas. We agree that these schools want unpopulated/decreases presence on campus. So why then, should this small group of kids get special dispensation if everyone else gets sent home?

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Since those kids are all here on scholarship your kids are covering the costs of those students no matter what happens.

That might be the case. I thought there were some stipulations that these kids can support themselves though? So tuition yes, room/board no? 

11 hours ago, Ulty said:

I have been noticing the same thing. When I go to the grocery store in my town, mask-wearing is about 50%. The vast majority of men who do not wear masks also happen to be wearing shirts emblazoned with the American flag or some phrase about "freedom" or "these colors don't run" or something like that. 

That bothers me. I love my country and consider myself to be patriotic. But so often the folks who make a point of displaying their so-called patriotism are selfish a$$holes who don't really seem to care about their fellow citizens at all in their words and actions. 

I wish the left would start a movement to take back what it means to be an American and show what our values are, and expose the Trumpists not just as the corrupt racists they are, but also as unamerican.

I see cars on the freeway every day with American flags flying on them (those little ones held in place by the windows). I always immediately assume they are the people you reference and that they are definitely racists.

7 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

I see cars on the freeway every day with American flags flying on them (those little ones held in place by the windows). I always immediately assume they are the people you reference and that they are definitely racists.

Kind of a funny thought but... the ones who are the most in your face with it seem to be the type. A couple days ago I saw a truck with a huge American flag on one side and the Don't Tread on Me flag on the other side. Guessing there was a Trump sticker on the bumper.

On 7/8/2020 at 7:53 AM, Ulty said:

I have been noticing the same thing. When I go to the grocery store in my town, mask-wearing is about 50%. The vast majority of men who do not wear masks also happen to be wearing shirts emblazoned with the American flag or some phrase about "freedom" or "these colors don't run" or something like that. 

That bothers me. I love my country and consider myself to be patriotic. But so often the folks who make a point of displaying their so-called patriotism are selfish a$$holes who don't really seem to care about their fellow citizens at all in their words and actions. 

I wish the left would start a movement to take back what it means to be an American and show what our values are, and expose the Trumpists not just as the corrupt racists they are, but also as unamerican.

Funny story.  The other day we were driving down a two lane highway.  A pickup coming towards us pulls over and turns around.  He had a trump flag waving in back. We realized the reason he was turning around is that he had had an American flag on the other side, but it fell out and was laying on the road.  My 20 year old son from the back seat...."He should have lost the other one".

I thought to myself that the whole scene was a perfect metaphor for a Trump supporter.

• Plus1 1