Trump's America

zoogs

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Does anyone find it interesting/gross that there are no pictures (that I've seen) of him showing any affection towards any of his other kids?

Or how much towards his wife(s)

It is all gross.    very strange

• Plus1 2

(CNN Business)After days of whiplash over the future of TikTok, President Donald Trump said he would allow an American company to acquire the short-form video app — with a catch.

Trump on Monday set September 15 as the deadline for TikTok to find a US buyer, failing which he said he will shut down the app in the country. In an unusual declaration, Trump also said any deal would have to include a "substantial amount of money" coming to the US Treasury.
"Right now they don't have any rights unless we give it to them. So if we're going to give them the rights, then ... it has to come into this country," Trump said. "It's a great asset, but it's not a great asset in the United States unless they have approval in the United States."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/03/tech/tiktok-acquisition-trump-treasury/index.html

WTAF?

How does he figure the US Treasury is due a cut of any possible transfer of a private company? Pay up or get banned.  It’s pure unabashed extortion and completely illegal and totally unfounded and unprecedented. He says and does sh#t like this because his followers are absolute brainwashed idiots.

And like all things Trump it is dripping with irony. The credit, and thus the monetary gain, for the success of TikTok is due to the United States. Funny that. The same rational would tell you that the success and riches acquired by Donald Trump himself would then also be due to the United States. Yet we, the US citizens, can’t even have access to his tax returns. Why? Because he has not paid even a fraction of what he should have but that doesn’t stop his posturing and ridiculousness about what TikTok owes the US.  Worst POS of my lifetime.

• Plus1 1

I tend to not delete family members on FB even if they're just cousins, but a cousin of mine posted a photo of Robert E. Lee yesterday and under the photo it said "Let's all post photos of Robert E. Lee so he will not be forgotten" (because of his statues being torn down).

We need to have a new word that's socially acceptable to describe this kind of stupidity.

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I tend to not delete family members on FB even if they're just cousins, but a cousin of mine posted a photo of Robert E. Lee yesterday and under the photo it said "Let's all post photos of Robert E. Lee so he will not be forgotten" (because of his statues being torn down).

We need to have a new word that's socially acceptable to describe this kind of stupidity.

Was/is your cousin a southern born and bred gentleman planter? Because otherwise, he is definitely whatever new word that's socially acceptable.

• Plus1 1