Trump's America

zoogs

When is a retraction not a retraction?  When a reporter refuses to retract a provably false story so the opinion anchor has to bring on the Resident Administration Expert to set the record straight.  

Hint...it’s a retraction in the face of a reporter and network that refuses to correct obvious errors. Good on Cuomo for this.  Retracting false stories for his co-workers so they don’t have to. Cute! 

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

When is a retraction not a retraction?  When a reporter refuses to retract a provably false story so the opinion anchor has to bring on the Resident Administration Expert to set the record straight.  

Hint...it’s a retraction in the face of a reporter and network that refuses to correct obvious errors. Good on Cuomo for this.  Retracting false stories for his co-workers so they don’t have to. Cute! 

Yeah, it's even cuter that Shep Smith has to do it so often on Fox that he had to leave the organization. - Cudos for Geraldo and Chris Wallace for sticking to it. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/shepard-smith-unloads-on-fox-news-in-new-interview-2021-1

'I don't know how some people sleep at night': Former Fox News host Shepard Smith unloads on the network, calling out those who 'propagated the lies'

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Yeah, it's even cuter that Shep Smith has to do it so often on Fox that he had to leave the organization. - Cudos for Geraldo and Chris Wallace for sticking to it. 

https://www.businessinsider.com/shepard-smith-unloads-on-fox-news-in-new-interview-2021-1

'I don't know how some people sleep at night': Former Fox News host Shepard Smith unloads on the network, calling out those who 'propagated the lies'

Carry on with your Fox Crusade.  Doesn’t bother me a bit and it’s good for them to get called out on false stories.  I would agree with everyone of your assertions if they were made by themselves instead of inserted to somehow justify saying another networks false stories shouldn’t be called out because..well Fox News...

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Carry on with your Fox Crusade.  Doesn’t bother me a bit and it’s good for them to get called out on false stories.  I would agree with everyone of your assertions if they were made by themselves instead of inserted to somehow justify saying another networks false stories shouldn’t be called out because..well Fox News...

I'll let Shep explain it to you - You see the talking point you're using to prop up your false equivalency started with the truth, the truth which is, "Administration officials claim Trump had no plan,"- not that "CNN says Trump had no plan."  AGAIN, YOU ARE BLINDED BY YOUR BIASES, and seeking equivalency to justify your beliefs and intention to tar and feather anything the Biden administration does. - Behold the word's of Shep, like him, I'm not holding my breath that you will understand, but hey- I tried.... 

"Opine all you like, but if you're going to opine, begin with the truth, and opine from there," he said. "And it's that deviation from that, that has caused me the greatest concern. "And I believe that when people begin with a false premise and lead people astray, that's injurious to society," Smith continued, "and it's the antithesis of what we should be doing."

"I don't know how some people sleep at night, because I know there are a lot of people who have propagated the lies and have pushed them forward over and over again, who are smart enough and educated enough to know better. And I hope that at some point, those who have done us harm as a nation — and I might even add as a world — will look around and realize what they've done.

"But I'm not holding my breath."

• Plus1 2
19 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You're the one who claimed to be unbiased. So now you're admitting that was a lie?  Cool.

Well, no.  It’s pretty well known I have a Conservative point of view which gives me an inherent thought bias.  You making up false sound bites.l about what I say and don’t say...not cool...

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

I'll let Shep explain it to you - You see the talking point you're using to prop up your false equivalency started with the truth, the truth which is, "Administration officials claim Trump had no plan,"- not that "CNN says Trump had no plan."  AGAIN, YOU ARE BLINDED BY YOUR BIASES, and seeking equivalency to justify your beliefs and intention to tar and feather anything the Biden administration does. - Behold the word's of Shep, like him, I'm not holding my breath that you will understand, but hey- I tried.... 

"Opine all you like, but if you're going to opine, begin with the truth, and opine from there," he said. "And it's that deviation from that, that has caused me the greatest concern. "And I believe that when people begin with a false premise and lead people astray, that's injurious to society," Smith continued, "and it's the antithesis of what we should be doing."

"I don't know how some people sleep at night, because I know there are a lot of people who have propagated the lies and have pushed them forward over and over again, who are smart enough and educated enough to know better. And I hope that at some point, those who have done us harm as a nation — and I might even add as a world — will look around and realize what they've done.

"But I'm not holding my breath."

CNN did no fact checking to see if the Administration was telling the truth before running with a story to create a narrative the Administration wanted out there.  Is that speaking Truth to Power?  Would Shep be happy with that standard of reporting? 

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I'm pretty certain CNN has full time fact checkers in their employ.  I'm also pretty sure reporting on what an administration says is normal in spite of you whining about it.

They must have missed the Fact Check that their own highly paid Host caught. Maybe Daniel Dale shouldn’t be in the fact check business if he can’t catch them from his own network. 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

They must have missed the Fact Check that their own highly paid Host caught. Maybe Daniel Dale shouldn’t be in the fact check business if he can’t catch them from his own network. 

Ok, so we finally have you understanding what a "retraction" is, now let's move on to "fact check" shall we? 

• Plus1 1