Trump's America

zoogs

I get where Knapp's coming from. I love ketchup on a lot of other types of meat. Definitely for meatloaf and I love ketchup on my roast. And I think the horseradish and other sauces sound pretty dang good as a complement.

But ketchup is where I draw the line. Well done is just beyond the pale. I remember reading months ago he likes the steak to be able to rock back and forth on the plate.

:throw

The whole point of cooking a steak below medium is so it's tender and juicy, and does not need sauce. A good cut will have all the flavor it needs with some seasoning salt and pepper. Forshame Mr. Trump! Simply un-American!
  • Fire 1

I get where Knapp's coming from. I love ketchup on a lot of other types of meat. Definitely for meatloaf and I love ketchup on my roast. And I think the horseradish and other sauces sound pretty dang good as a complement.

But ketchup is where I draw the line. Well done is just beyond the pale. I remember reading months ago he likes the steak to be able to rock back and forth on the plate.

Just to be clear, I think the "he" you're talking about here is Trump, right? Because I like my steaks rare.

I love a good steak and I will eat a really good steak just fine by itself. But, many times I will add some steak sauce also. I have a friend who puts ketchup on everything...even prime rib. His answer to protests are....what's the difference between ketchup and any other steak sauce? Have to admit....don't have much of an answer for that.

What I don't get is, why is it such a big deal to put a sauce on steak? There isn't any other cut of meat that people throw such a hissy about in the same way.

Now...where I DO draw the line is cooking it anything more than medium. Good Lord....might as well just not even buy an expensive steak if you are going to do that.

• Fire 1

What I don't get is, why is it such a big deal to put a sauce on steak? There isn't any other cut of meat that people throw such a hissy about in the same way.

Yeah, I don't get it, other than it's the "in" thing to do.

If you've ever seasoned your steak in any way - including salt & pepper - you're just adding flavor to it. Ketchup is also adding flavor to it.

Just to be clear, I think the "he" you're talking about here is Trump, right? Because I like my steaks rare.

That's a big 10-4 there. I would never accuse you of such blasphemy.

• Fire 1

Ketchup on a steak is a slap in the face to the ranchers of this great nation!

Not sure why ranchers should care as long as you're still eating beef.

Do they have the same attitude towards BBQ sauce on brisket?

What about ketchup on a burger?

They put all that hard work in to produce an optimal flavor and someone goes and screws it uo with ketchup...

Yeah, I don't get it, other than it's the "in" thing to do.

If you've ever seasoned your steak in any way - including salt & pepper - you're just adding flavor to it. Ketchup is also adding flavor to it.

Complementary flavors Knap, you know this! Salt and pepper compliment the rich fatty flavor in a good steak. Ketchup is acidic making it slighty sour, and extremly sweet. You wouldn't throw mustard on a pumkin pie would you? Only a heathen would drink red wine with chicken! There are somethings that are simply improper to do. Ketchup on steak isnone such thing.

They put all that hard work in to produce an optimal flavor and someone goes and screws it uo with ketchup...

Hog farmers don't work hard to produce optimal products? Turkey farmers?? Chicken farmers?? Fisherman don't work hard to go find the best tasting fish they can only to have people screw it up with some type of sauce?

Hog farmers don't work hard to produce optimal products? Turkey farmers?? Chicken farmers?? Fisherman don't work hard to go find the best tasting fish they can only to have people screw it up with some type of sauce?

Don't you go puttin words in my mouth like that! They work just as hard as the next man. However those fine beast and other cuts of meat do not posses the same fine marbling and rich flavors of and exquisite cut of bovine flesh.

I don't know why there's been so much talk and focus about Trump eating steak with ketchup. The stupidest crap they bitch or complain about

Growing up I hated eating steak that my dad cooked because it was always well done...I hate well done steaks. I'm a medium rare steak eater. Anyways I would either use ketchup on my well done steak to add flavor cause it was to dry or if ketchup wasn't available, I would drink milk with every bite.

Not sure why this is even weird or an issue. If it taste good to you that's the only thing that should matter.

You want to talk about weird sometimes I'll throw chocolate pudding on my pizza and eat it hahaha...not because the pizza isn't any good but because it taste good. I'll even dip my pizza crust or side bread into the chocolate pudding. It's surprisingly good

• Fire 1