Trump's America

zoogs

I'm watching the 30 For 30 on the XFL and seeing striking similarities between how that came about and how the administration has come about.

Vincent Kennedy McMahon?

trump-3.gif?w=650&h=366

Yup - didn't realize he had no clue how to build a league, but had a logo and a slogan and then tried to wing it. Sound familiar?

"NFL = Not Fun League"

"XFL - Extra Fun League"

Can't believe it didn't fly. That and the crashing blimp, and the lack of rules that injured players, and objectifying women etc etc etc. Good uni's though, and names. Bigly names. The best names.

Spotted earlier today on my Twitter:

Then a minute ago:

You can't make this up. What a sh#tshow this administration is.

Using Mr. Trump's own rhetoric against him, why would he do business with people supplying terrorists?

What does this have to do with Trump?

a giant crooked global corporation? what doesn't it have to do with trump?

Then a minute ago:

Using Mr. Trump's own rhetoric against him, why would he do business with people supplying terrorists?

Yes...that's a serious question.

So....now anything that happens with a "giant crooked global corporation" is somehow tied to Trump?

Then a minute ago:

So....now anything that happens with a "giant crooked global corporation" is somehow tied to Trump?

No, but given that Trump hammered Clinton for taking donations from countries that are "state sponsors of terrorism", now that he controls the US government, shouldn't he tell Ross to put the brakes on a deal like this with a company we found out was covertly aiding Iran?

Basically I was trying to point out the cognitive dissonance of what Trump says vs. what he actually does and cares about.

Then a minute ago:

No, but given that Trump hammered Clinton for taking donations from countries that are "state sponsors of terrorism", now that he controls the US government, shouldn't he tell Ross to put the brakes on a deal like this with a company we found out was covertly aiding Iran?

Basically I was trying to point out the cognitive dissonance of what Trump says vs. what he actually does and cares about.

They pled guilty in court while Trump was in office and will pay almost $900 million in fines.

Believe me, I hate sounding like I'm defending Trump. However, I fail to see how Trump condones this or that he is going to allow this to happen.

In fact, if I heard correctly, Spicer just mentioned this in today's briefing and expressly mentioned that this is a sign that Trump will not allow companies to break US laws like this.

What am I missing?

I'm watching the 30 For 30 on the XFL and seeing striking similarities between how that came about and how the administration has come about.

Vincent Kennedy McMahon?

trump-3.gif?w=650&h=366

Yup - didn't realize he had no clue how to build a league, but had a logo and a slogan and then tried to wing it. Sound familiar?

"NFL = Not Fun League"

"XFL - Extra Fun League"

Can't believe it didn't fly. That and the crashing blimp, and the lack of rules that injured players, and objectifying women etc etc etc. Good uni's though, and names. Bigly names. The best names.

Remember this name ---> He Hate Me

:facepalm:

:blink:

:LOLtartar

Sure feels like we're the bad guys:

There are other suspect details in the U.S. version of events. In the days after the raid, the Pentagon claimed that the women killed were armed and fought the incoming U.S. special operations forces from pre-established positions. Yet all of the witnesses to the attack interviewed by The Intercept in al Ghayil strongly challenged this accusation, citing a culture that views the prospect of women fighting, as Nesma al Ameri put it, as eib shameful and dishonorable and pointing out the practical implausibility of women clutching babies while also firing rifles. A CENTCOM spokesperson refused to provide any details about female fighters to support its assertion.

And to be clear, I think we have been for some time. I struggle to comprehend how any of this makes us safer.

It's worthy to note that The Intercept draws a notable contrast between Trump and Obama administration policy:

A defense official speaking to the Washington Post stated that the military has been granted temporary authority to regard selected areas of Yemen as areas of active hostility. That change, while shortening the approval process for military action, effectively puts the U.S. on a war footing in any area of Yemen designated, but unlikely to be disclosed, by the military, noted Cori Crider, a lawyer at the international human rights organization Reprieve who has represented Yemeni drone strike victims. This authority has a lower bar: Civilian deaths have to be proportionate rather than avoided with a near certainty, as set out by the previous administration for the use of lethal force outside areas of active hostilities.

This means that all of those much-vaunted standards the Obama administration said they were using to minimize civilian casualties in drone strikes in Yemen have been chucked right out the window, said Crider.

Many a warmonger arises from a desire for expediency.