Trump's America

zoogs

37 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Citizen's United was simply the latest of a series of Supreme Court rulings making it possible to bribe/buy politicians legally. The First of which was Buckley v Valeo in 1976, so it's difficult to pin any of this on a single ruling.

Do you know more about it? I had previously researched $ in politics and found that it started going downhill in the 70's but I've never found any comprehensive list of decisions.

Edited by Moiraine

11 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Do you know more about it? I had previously researched $ in politics and found that it started going downhill in the 70's but I've never found any comprehensive list of decisions.

Start with this Wiki article and follow the links: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign_finance_reform_in_the_United_States

Also just search: "campaign finance reform us" (without quotes)

It's a really big discussion. Maybe start another thread and we can talk different causes and cases.

16 hours ago, NM11046 said:

I just want to reiterate what a load of crap this is.

Ivanka can't pick and choose when you wear your hats. If she wants to be a first daughter, she needs to stop inserting herself into government affairs as a Senior White House Advisor. If she is going to be the latter, she can't feign shock & disgust when she gets asked hard questions any other WH employee should be asked.

That little laugh at the end about not asking any of the other daughters slayed me. Most people's daughters aren't employees for their father's White House.

This is what hardcore nepotism gets you.

Edited by dudeguyy
17 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

I just want to reiterate what a load of crap this is.

Ivanka can't pick and choose when you wear your hats. If she wants to be a first daughter, she needs to stop inserting herself into government affairs as a Senior White House Advisor. If she is going to be the latter, she can't feign shock & disgust when she gets asked hard questions any other WH employee should be asked.

That little laugh at the end about not asking any of the other daughters slayed me. Most people's daughters aren't employees for their father's White House.

This is what hardcore nepotism gets you.

I completely 100% agree that she can't just pick and choose.  If she wants to be a part of this administration, she better be ready to field any and all questions about her pathetically disgusting father.

However, I do think the question wasn't needed and the only purpose of it was to watch his daughter squirm.  

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I completely 100% agree that she can't just pick and choose.  If she wants to be a part of this administration, she better be ready to field any and all questions about her pathetically disgusting father.

However, I do think the question wasn't needed and the only purpose of it was to watch his daughter squirm.  

Everyone at the White House should be asked about the Trump allegations. Full stop. 

The way he's slimed & lied about his accusers is shameful & indicative of his character. Mike Pence literally hides to avoid questions on the matter. The Vice President.

Anybody who hides from this stuff is enabling this monster. This is not at all different from Roy Moore. 

Edited by dudeguyy
  • Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

Everyone at the White House should be asked about the Trump allegations. Full stop. 

The way he's slimed & lied about his accusers is shameful & indicative of his character. Mike Pence literally hides to avoid questions on the matter. The Vice President.

Anybody who hides from this stuff is enabling this monster. This is not at all different from Roy Moore. 

Hey......I said she better be ready to answer questions if she expects to be in this administration.  I personally would rather hear have her answer questions about why she should be able to have access to sensitive information and partake in her position if she hasn't passed security clearance.  I would love to have both her and her husband long gone from the White House.

And, yes, the question is fair game.  But, if I were a reporter, I wouldn't have asked her specifically about it.

Did you just equate an adult relationship with two consenting adults with child molesting?  Not sure this is quite like Roy Moore.

10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hey......I said she better be ready to answer questions if she expects to be in this administration.  I personally would rather hear have her answer questions about why she should be able to have access to sensitive information and partake in her position if she hasn't passed security clearance.  I would love to have both her and her husband long gone from the White House.

And, yes, the question is fair game.  But, if I were a reporter, I wouldn't have asked her specifically about it.

Did you just equate an adult relationship with two consenting adults with child molesting?  Not sure this is quite like Roy Moore.

There are multiple distinct instances of Trump creeping on teenagers that were taking part in his pageants. He's on record as bragging about being able to walk in on NAKED TEENAGERS just because he was the owner. He's also on record of saying multiple very creepy things about his own daughter & even a 10 year old walking through Trump Tower.

I'm not aware of him ever acting on it but to me this is pretty firmly in Roy Moore territory. I don't know if this guy has no filter or whatever, but he's a seriously disgusting individual.

The bolded is important. None of the Trump accusers were consenting to his advances.

• Plus1 1