Trump's America

zoogs

The people running the White House are ducking awful. God. It’s way, way beyond thinking hey just are wrongheaded about policy (which is also true).

They ply themselves every day in the art of finding people to hurt, and coming up with ways to hurt them. It’s so unnecessary. And then they go and do it. 

And the allegedly reasonable adults in the room, the Republicans in Congress and state legislatures and so on...what of them? They either love this, or don’t mind it, or aren’t bothered to try and stop it. a$$hole$ up and down the line.

• Plus1 1

30 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's so frustrating that something like this made him seem like he did something right months ago, and everyone pretty much universally agreed on it. I despise the guy and didn't like the ham-handed way he tried to toot his own horn, but I thought he actually did something right.

Then the truth comes out - months later - and nobody is going to hear about it. Millions of people have ingrained the event as magnanimous Trump saving some immature basketball players from certain Chinese doom.

This is one the great challenges of the era of Trump: A very loud, very dishonest liar has the largest megaphone. If he is allowed to get his version of events front & center, it's nigh impossible to disprove it later if we do in fact find out he was lying.

Also, I can't believe I'm saying this, but Lavar Ball was right on the merits... good for him: " If he helped, I would say thank you.”

• Plus1 1

grandpa wants to stay in power forever

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/03/politics/trump-maralago-remarks/index.html

In the closed-door remarks, a recording of which was obtained by CNN, Trump also praised China's President Xi Jinping for recently consolidating power and extending his potential tenure, musing he wouldn't mind making such a maneuver himself.
"He's now president for life. President for life. No, he's great," Trump said. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll have to give that a shot some day."
Edited by commando
  • Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, commando said:

grandpa wants to stay in power forever

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/03/politics/trump-maralago-remarks/index.html

In the closed-door remarks, a recording of which was obtained by CNN, Trump also praised China's President Xi Jinping for recently consolidating power and extending his potential tenure, musing he wouldn't mind making such a maneuver himself.
"He's now president for life. President for life. No, he's great," Trump said. "And look, he was able to do that. I think it's great. Maybe we'll have to give that a shot some day."

So not only has he actually proposed taking away guns from people who purchased them legally; he now makes remarks about trying to get rid of terms to stay in power......

Pretty sure this was the crap my crazy cousins were scared of happening under Obama.

• Plus1 2