Trump's America

zoogs

I always found it amusing how often conservatives bandied about the word "treason" when attacking a Democrat for pretty much anything.

The bar for treason is pretty high. 

That's why it's amazing we are actually discussing a U.S. President and his minions so beholden to a foreign adversary and attempting to cover their tracks. If this was a piece of potboiler political fiction, I would have rolled my eyes and stopped at page 47.

I also found it amusing how often liberals used the word "fascism" to describe anything vaguely autocratic they didn't like.

But uhm.....yeah. 

• Plus1 1
20 hours ago, knapplc said:

This guy over here lamenting criminals getting caught & prosecuted.

Says the leader of the party who actively embraces the death penalty...

Our idiot governor had to give the entire state the run around and import the necessary drugs from overseas so we could prove how manly and tough on criminals we are.

I used to support capital punishment. Now it just seems barbaric and wrongheaded.

• Plus1 4
3 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Says the leader of the party who actively embraces the death penalty...

Our idiot governor had to give the entire state the run around and import the necessary drugs from overseas so we could prove how manly and tough on criminals we are.

I used to support capital punishment. Now it just seems barbaric and wrongheaded.

Me too. For years I had no problem with some of these un-repenting monsters getting even semi-humane executions. 

But you only need to learn about one wrongful murder conviction to get sick to your stomach, and then you learn there have been so many. 

And then you learn death penalties and executions are more expensive to prosecute than housing a murderer for life. 

Also, you start to realize it's more ghoulish than badass to stage these executions. 

• Plus1 3

4 minutes ago, commando said:

Devin nines is suing twitter over a twitter account  https://twitter.com/hashtag/DevinCow?src=hash

can we say snowflake?   

maybe we could remind him of the 1st amendment?

or maybe he sets precedent and people can sue for being called names like crying nancy, pocahontas, little marco, etc...on twitter by someone else

That court filing almost appears to be a troll on Nunes by his attorney. It does not paint him in a flattering light, and seems designed to get tossed out of court.

This seems like something he forced his lawyer to do, so the lawyer said, "F it, this is what you get" and crafted a real piece of trash.

I didn't really know where to put this but it seems weird to me

Alleged mob boss killer Anthony Comello scrawls ‘MAGA Forever’ on his hand

In the courtroom, Comello held his open handcuffed palm up to reporters, showing a symbol and several words scrawled in pen. “MAGA forever” and “united we stand” were some of the phrases he had printed, while others were not entirely legible.

• 3 weeks later...

How much you want to bet that these 2 nitwits are Trump supporters :facepalm: 

Under the category of "Stupid is as Stupid does"  I present:

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/stupid/arkansas-idiots-670389

Two Arkansas men took turns shooting one another while wearing a bulletproof vest, according to police who arrested the arkansasduog19.jpgpair for felony assault.

As detailed in a probable cause affidavit, Charles Ferris, 50, and Christopher Hicks, 36, were drinking Sunday night on the back deck of Ferris’s residence when they came up the bright idea to shoot themselves.

Ferris, who was wearing a bulletproof vest, told Hicks to shoot him, according to the affidavit. Hicks obliged, firing a single round from a .22 caliber rifle into Ferris’s chest. While the vest stopped the bullet, Ferris was left with a painful welt on his chest.

Hicks then donned the vest.

Ferris, who would later tell cops that he was “pissed” about being shot, confessed that he “unloaded the clip” into Hicks’s back. None of the five rounds penetrated the protective vest, investigators noted, but Hicks “was bruised from them hitting him.”

When Ferris subsequently sought medical treatment for the shooting injury, hospital workers summoned police.

Instead of admitting that he and Hicks had shot each other, Ferris spun a wild tale about coming under fire by a mystery assailant while he was protecting an individual he referred to as an “asset.” Ferris claimed that he was paid $200 to protect the “asset,” whom he had met in a bar in the city of Springdale.

rifleark22xx.jpg

But after his wife told police what actually happened, Ferris confessed to fabricating the cloak-and-dagger story, claiming that he did not want to get Hicks in trouble.

Both men were subsequently arrested in connection with the aggravated assault, a felony. They were released yesterday from the Benton County jail on $5000 bond apiece and are scheduled for arraignment on May 13.

A sheriff’s deputy reported confiscating the “bullet proof vest the subjects wore during the incident,” adding that, “The rifle will also be seized.”

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, TGHusker said:

How much you want to bet that these 2 nitwits are Trump supporters :facepalm: 

Under the category of "Stupid is as Stupid does"  I present:

http://thesmokinggun.com/documents/stupid/arkansas-idiots-670389

Two Arkansas men took turns shooting one another while wearing a bulletproof vest, according to police who arrested the arkansasduog19.jpgpair for felony assault.

As detailed in a probable cause affidavit, Charles Ferris, 50, and Christopher Hicks, 36, were drinking Sunday night on the back deck of Ferris’s residence when they came up the bright idea to shoot themselves.

Ferris, who was wearing a bulletproof vest, told Hicks to shoot him, according to the affidavit. Hicks obliged, firing a single round from a .22 caliber rifle into Ferris’s chest. While the vest stopped the bullet, Ferris was left with a painful welt on his chest.

Hicks then donned the vest.

Ferris, who would later tell cops that he was “pissed” about being shot, confessed that he “unloaded the clip” into Hicks’s back. None of the five rounds penetrated the protective vest, investigators noted, but Hicks “was bruised from them hitting him.”

When Ferris subsequently sought medical treatment for the shooting injury, hospital workers summoned police.

Instead of admitting that he and Hicks had shot each other, Ferris spun a wild tale about coming under fire by a mystery assailant while he was protecting an individual he referred to as an “asset.” Ferris claimed that he was paid $200 to protect the “asset,” whom he had met in a bar in the city of Springdale.

rifleark22xx.jpg

But after his wife told police what actually happened, Ferris confessed to fabricating the cloak-and-dagger story, claiming that he did not want to get Hicks in trouble.

Both men were subsequently arrested in connection with the aggravated assault, a felony. They were released yesterday from the Benton County jail on $5000 bond apiece and are scheduled for arraignment on May 13.

A sheriff’s deputy reported confiscating the “bullet proof vest the subjects wore during the incident,” adding that, “The rifle will also be seized.”

how common is it to own bullet proof vests?   that is reserved for the far right wingers who plan to someday overthrow the government.

20 hours ago, commando said:

how common is it to own bullet proof vests?   that is reserved for the far right wingers who plan to someday overthrow the government.

I see some trump supporters are giving us the evil eye roll.  Badge of honor.   you got to admit that is a hilarious article :laughpoundThe eye rollers got to see some humor in it (esp if I took off the 'trump supporters' tag line. 

I figured this was the best place to put these soundbites from republican legislators the past few days.  Not all sense seems to be lost...

Talking about lack of permanent cabinet officials:

"This is a non-traditional presidency," Sen. John Cornyn, a Texas Republican and member of the GOP leadership team, when asked about the White House circumventing Congress. "And the President now believes he doesn't need a lot of advisers because he wants to do it himself."

Republican Sen. Ron Johnson, the chairman of the Homeland Security Committee, called it "not a good situation."

"An acting person is there, after all, for a limited period of time, and you do want to have as much continuity in leadership posts as possible," said Sen. Mitt Romney, a Republican of Utah.

"I do think the acting secretary issue is problematic because it doesn't give us as members the oversight that we need to have," said Sen. Shelley Moore Capito, a West Virginia Republican.

Talking about the struggle between WH and Congress:

"I think there will be continued pressure from Congress to do more," Sen. Cory Gardner, a Republican of Colorado, told CNN.

"I think he's trying what he believes is a presidential approach, where many of us look at it and say the President is making this more difficult than what this has to be," said Sen. Mike Rounds, a Republican of South Dakota.

About moving asylum seekers to sanctuary cities:

Asked if it were a good idea to pursue the sanctuary city idea, Sen. John Kennedy said: "No, not for me."

"The President has chosen to use a stick," said Kennedy, a Louisiana Republican. "He may ultimately be right, but I would try and use a carrot too."

Putting it another way, Republican Sen. Rick Scott of Florida said Sunday that Trump might just be trying to "make everybody crazy."

On Trump's approach to receive funding for border wall:

Capito, the appropriator in charge of homeland security funding, said Trump's move is going to make it harder to deal with the border security money in future spending bills.
"I'm looking at my bill and I'm going, 'How do we get there?' And I think that's an issue that's going to follow through on subsequent years of funding, and it's going to be a problem," she said.