Trump's America

zoogs

6 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Did the NYT really note that beside the listing?  Wow.

Notice the † next to "Triggered"? 

https://www.nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/hardcover-nonfiction/

Sales are defined as completed transactions by vendors and individual end users during the period on or after the official publication date of a title. Institutional, special interest, group or bulk purchases, if and when they are included, are at the discretion of The New York Times Best-Seller List Desk editors based on standards for inclusion that encompass proprietary vetting and audit protocols, corroborative reporting and other statistical determinations. When included, such bulk purchases appear with a dagger (†).

https://www.nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/methodology/

8 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

Notice the † next to "Triggered"? 

https://www.nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/hardcover-nonfiction/

Sales are defined as completed transactions by vendors and individual end users during the period on or after the official publication date of a title. Institutional, special interest, group or bulk purchases, if and when they are included, are at the discretion of The New York Times Best-Seller List Desk editors based on standards for inclusion that encompass proprietary vetting and audit protocols, corroborative reporting and other statistical determinations. When included, such bulk purchases appear with a dagger (†).

https://www.nytimes.com/books/best-sellers/methodology/

What's interesting is that I went to the same page through a google search and the dagger wasn't (and still isn't) there.

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

What's interesting is that I went to the same page through a google search and the dagger wasn't (and still isn't) there.

What's even more interesting is that "best seller" doesn't mean that it's sold the most books - it's an arbitrary title given out by NY Times editors.

A couple of years ago a Conservative publisher stopped using the NY Times best-seller list as a sales metric because they claimed the list didn't reflect accurate sales.

And as far back as the 1950s a book that didn't even exist was placed on their best-seller list.

Dennis Prager asserts his books weren't accurately listed, either, and that the list isn't real.

And the NY Times admitted that their criteria for inclusion is based not solely on sales but on a "proprietary formula" that remains a trade secret.

Forbes once published an article on how to manipulate the NY Times list.

• Thanks 2

Yeeesh...

Hoyt Hutchinson, Alabama Baby Trump balloon stabber, calls radio show, says it was ‘good vs. evil’

Hoyt Deau Hutchinson, the Alabama man accused of slashing a Baby Trump balloon in Tuscaloosa last weekend, defended his actions during a Monday morning call to the “Rick & Bubba Show.”

Hutchinson is charged with felony first degree criminal mischief in relation to the slashing of the Trump balloon that was in town for the Alabama/LSU game and a presidential appearance by Donald Trump.

When host Rick Burgess asked what his motivation for slashing the balloon, Hutchinson replied:

“I’m not young but I’m not old. I’m sort of middle aged. I feel like a lot of people my age don’t keep up with the news and politics the way they should. I watch the news every night. I watch Fox News every night. Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity are my favorite two anchors.

“This was your turning of the temple tables?” Burgess asked in reference to the Biblical story of Jesus turning over the tables of the money changers in the temple.

“Yes,” Hutchinson replied. “It comes a point when you gotta take a stand. We don’t have two parties anymore. We have good vs. evil. When you got one party that says it’s OK to kill babies and by the way, this is the first time I’m ever seen a liberal get mad about chopping up a baby.”