Trump's America

zoogs

On 11/15/2019 at 10:52 AM, ZRod said:

For us millennials, I think we have a new view of what Gerald Ford felt he had to do. It's disturbing that a person is potentially above punishment.

You have to also understand the context at the time - the nation was still being torn about by Vietnam as well.  Plus we had economic issues placing a strain on everyone, I think Ford felt the country could not take any more strife that a criminal trial of Nixon could have brought much less the jailing of a former president.  The nation was pretty fragile at that point.

1 minute ago, Ulty said:

He has to?

Noone "has to" - so let me qualify that with this: let's say if he wants to remain a senator from Okla (trump carried all 77 counties) - the pressure is on him to tote the GOP line.  I wish he was independent enough to stand up to the trump voices.  I've heard him on local radio- he seems to recognize some of the

stupid stuff coming from this admin.

2 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Noone "has to" - so let me qualify that with this: let's say if he wants to remain a senator from Okla (trump carried all 77 counties) - the pressure is on him to tote the GOP line.  I wish he was independent enough to stand up to the trump voices.  I've heard him on local radio- he seems to recognize some of the

stupid stuff coming from this admin.

Eh, I heard him give an interview with NPR and, when confronted with right wing talking point about Sondland's testimony being changed to reflect what other witness had testified, he doubled down on Sondland's original statement that has been rectified. He seems like another stick in the bundle.

I think I saw him in the documentary The Family on Netflix.  

He may very well be a good man, but at some point affiliations and actions define you.  I don't think what happened to him was 100% good - I would have loved for a conversation to have been had (with no threats or profanity) vs a confrontation, and I'd think he needs to expect that in public.  

3 hours ago, deedsker said:

Eh, I heard him give an interview with NPR and, when confronted with right wing talking point about Sondland's testimony being changed to reflect what other witness had testified, he doubled down on Sondland's original statement that has been rectified. He seems like another stick in the bundle.

I'm afraid he is trending more and more that way as he has more and more of a voice in the senate. 

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Trump referred to the dog with male pronouns so the White House spent a day claiming the dog was a boy.

It is not, in fact, a boy.

:laughpoundomg this is just like one of the latest episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Mac has a dog that comes and goes as it pleases because that is a males right, but the dog is sick so he takes it to the vet. The vet tells Mac the dog is pregnant, to which Mac responds "Pregnant? How can he be pregnant?" The vet explains the dog is in fact a female, only to have Mac continue to refer to the dog as 'he' the rest of the episode. This behavior from Trump is literally a joke.

Melania getting booed at a "Be Best" event.

Melania Trump Was Booed By Middle And High School Students At A "Be Best" Event

First Lady Melania Trump was met with loud boos from an audience comprising mostly of high school and middle school students at an event in Baltimore on Tuesday.

Trump was addressing students at the B'More Youth Summit on Opioid Awareness held at the University of Maryland.

The event was part of her "Be Best" initiative that focuses on issues affecting children, including bullying and the dangers of opioid use.

The first lady was met with boos when she walked on stage to address the audience after her introduction. The audience remained noisy through most of her five-minute speech.

She was once again booed loudly after she finished her speech and was walking off the stage, according to reporters at the event and a live video (at around the 5:30 mark).

I can't imagine that's going to be the last time she faces boos, and it's only going to get worse.

• Thanks 1