Trump's America

zoogs

2 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Well, if Col V thinks Trump is corrupt and appalling then he'll be much happier working somewhere else.  And it would be terrible leadership to retain someone who thinks that of you.

There you go again. Distorting the truth. As much as I think a lot of us, myself included, appreciate you hanging around and debating these things, please stick to the actual facts.  Not Trumper alternative facts.  
When did Col V say Trump is appalling and corrupt?  He was subpoenaed, testified under oath and told the truth.  And no, you don’t go around firing people who don’t like you or disagree with you. That’s most definitely NOT good leadership. That’s authoritarianism.  

7 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

There you go again. Distorting the truth. As much as I think a lot of us, myself included, appreciate you hanging around and debating these things, please stick to the actual facts.  Not Trumper alternative facts.  
When did Col V say Trump is appalling and corrupt?  He was subpoenaed, testified under oath and told the truth.  And no, you don’t go around firing people who don’t like you or disagree with you. That’s most definitely NOT good leadership. That’s authoritarianism.  

I mean, I get what you are trying to say but I disagree.  People are fired all the time for what essentially is in the bold.  In fact, I would argue that it is uncommon to NOT get fired for those reasons.  In fact, out of about the last 10 people that I have worked with that were "canned" all but one of them fall under the "don't like/a$$h@!e/disagree with the boss" category.  

https://careers.workopolis.com/advice/the-number-one-reason-people-are-fired-is-the-same-as-the-reason-they-were-hired/

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I mean, I get what you are trying to say but I disagree.  People are fired all the time for what essentially is in the bold.  In fact, I would argue that it is uncommon to NOT get fired for those reasons.  In fact, out of about the last 10 people that I have worked with that were "canned" all but one of them fall under the "don't like/a$$h@!e/disagree with the boss" category.  

https://careers.workopolis.com/advice/the-number-one-reason-people-are-fired-is-the-same-as-the-reason-they-were-hired/

Your link did nothing to bolster your case.  Which one of those categories did Vindman fall under?

So, to be clear, you think it’s good leadership to fire people who disagree with you?

14 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

Your link did nothing to bolster your case.  Which one of those categories did Vindman fall under?

So, to be clear, you think it’s good leadership to fire people who disagree with you?

Yes, I do.  So do you.  We all do.

No one is looking to hire people that are going to disagree with you all the time.  I know we all love this notion of "not having yes men" around but it just isn't true.  We want people that we can work with and that don't annoy the hell out of us and disagree with everything we do.

If you are interviewing people and you say "So here at Lex Corp we do things this way" and the person cuts you off and goes "Yeah, I disagree..." you are not hiring that person.

From the article...this is the one...this is my case (that didn't need bolstering but here) . And look, this dude seemed to have got canned because he "went against Trump" or whatever and that sucks...but to act like people (in everyday jobs) don't get canned for disagreeing with their bosses is dishonest.

It’s also why people get fired. One of the most common reasons people are let go comes down to personality. Most employment relationships come to an end over some form of personality clash between an employee and a manager or a staff member’s fit with the overall team. That’s because teams evolve.

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yes, I do.  So do you.  We all do.

No one is looking to hire people that are going to disagree with you all the time.  I know we all love this notion of "not having yes men" around but it just isn't true.  We want people that we can work with and that don't annoy the hell out of us and disagree with everything we do.

If you are interviewing people and you say "So here at Lex Corp we do things this way" and the person cuts you off and goes "Yeah, I disagree..." you are not hiring that person.

From the article...this is the one...this is my case (that didn't need bolstering but here)

It’s also why people get fired. One of the most common reasons people are let go comes down to personality. Most employment relationships come to an end over some form of personality clash between an employee and a manager or a staff member’s fit with the overall team. That’s because teams evolve.

You’re veering off course here. We’re talking about Vindman.  What did he do that fits one of the reasons you gave as examples?  

29 minutes ago, Decoy73 said:

You’re veering off course here. We’re talking about Vindman.  What did he do that fits one of the reasons you gave as examples?  

No, like I said, I see what you are going for but you are the one that said this...

And no, you don’t go around firing people who don’t like you or disagree with you. That’s most definitely NOT good leadership. That’s authoritarianism.  

Were you ONLY talking about Vindman?  I got the feeling from reading your sentence that you were talking about the workplace in general.