Trump's America

zoogs

No idea where to put this 

"Trump doctor hid cauliflower in mashed potatoes to improve diet: report"

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/484496-trump-doctor-hid-cauliflower-in-mashed-potatoes-to-improve-diet

"Former White House physician Ronny Jackson told The New York Times that he regretted leaving his position before he could implement the diet and exercise regimen planned for Trump. “The exercise stuff never took off as much as I wanted it to,” he said. “But we were working on his diet. We were making the ice cream less accessible, we were putting cauliflower into the mashed potatoes.”"

Hard to believe this is where we're at, folks. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Right. Some companies are willing to fire an executive for taking public stances against their corporate policies. At that point the executive could be a liability to the brand and its revenue. That's neither fanatical nor unaligned with their business goals.

That's a nice bow tie on a speech code enforced by the enemies of freedom.  So it's not huge surprise that they want political power to take away more freedom from the people.  

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Fru said:

No idea where to put this 

"Trump doctor hid cauliflower in mashed potatoes to improve diet: report"

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/484496-trump-doctor-hid-cauliflower-in-mashed-potatoes-to-improve-diet

"Former White House physician Ronny Jackson told The New York Times that he regretted leaving his position before he could implement the diet and exercise regimen planned for Trump. “The exercise stuff never took off as much as I wanted it to,” he said. “But we were working on his diet. We were making the ice cream less accessible, we were putting cauliflower into the mashed potatoes.”"

Hard to believe this is where we're at, folks. 

I employ the same strategies with my 7 & 12-year-olds.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

That's a nice bow tie on a speech code enforced by the enemies of freedom.  So it's not huge surprise that they want political power to take away more freedom from the people.  

Are today's corporations afraid of offending potential customers with the political views of their executive leadership?

Are they too afraid?

Maybe. But they're over-reacting to the marketplace. There's not a legal or political directive involved. They are free to say whatever they want — the free market, the court of public opinion and the Board of Directors generally take it from there.

Since these kind of statements often involve discriminatory views of women and homosexuals, every company employing women and homosexuals should address it. The enemy of freedom thing cuts both ways. 

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Are today's corporations afraid of offending potential customers with the political views of their executive leadership?

Are they too afraid?

Maybe. But they're over-reacting to the marketplace. There's not a legal or political directive involved. They are free to say whatever they want — the free market, the court of public opinion and the Board of Directors generally take it from there.

Since these kind of statements often involve discriminatory views of women and homosexuals, every company employing women and homosexuals should address it. The enemy of freedom thing cuts both ways. 

That's the excuse.  I'm sorry but it's really market is making me be an intolerant bigot. Problem is that there is no evidence to support the excuse and a bit that contradicts it.  And that's not limited to Silicon Valley Douchebags, many breeds of discrimination hid behind the veil of 'the market' when it was transparent.  

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

That's the excuse.  I'm sorry but it's really market is making me be an intolerant bigot. Problem is that there is no evidence to support the excuse and a bit that contradicts it.  And that's not limited to Silicon Valley Douchebags, many breeds of discrimination hid behind the veil of 'the market' when it was transparent.  

I can honestly say that I haven’t the foggiest idea what you just said. 

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I can honestly say that I haven’t the foggiest idea what you just said. 

Near as I can tell, he's saying a lot of companies either practiced or allowed discrimination when they thought the market would let them get away with it, but now that the market has cooled to homophobia , racism and or misogyny, they have to own up to their intolerant bigotry without using the market as an excuse. 

I mean, that's what I get from the words he's using, but I suspect he wanted to say something different. 

6 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Near as I can tell, he's saying a lot of companies either practiced or allowed discrimination when they thought the market would let them get away with it, but now that the market has cooled to homophobia , racism and or misogyny, they have to own up to their intolerant bigotry without using the market as an excuse. 

I mean, that's what I get from the words he's using, but I suspect he wanted to say something different. 

that's qjuite the opposite of what I said. 

• Plus1 1