Dems Rebuild

I get that Nebraska is likely to get some pretty interesting characters who run as Democrats for statewide office since it's basically a no-win situation right now, but man. Letting Sasse coast to another term with as awful as he has been is a bummer.

Screw this guy. Feels a bit like a low-rent Democratic Roy Moore.

Also really unfortunate because Biden looks primed to actually turn Omaha blue, which could help carry Eastman to victory. Probably part of why the state party yanked the rug out from under him so quickly. He could be a drag on their chances in a way even a generic placeholder D would not.

• Plus1 2

33 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

This s#!t must be shut down before more Democrats start falling in line with it. It's f#&%ing asinine. RAISE THE CAP. I'm so tired of hearing the argument "but that won't fix the problem" - but it will give us more time for more of our aging population to die off before it runs out.

• Plus1 1

26 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Yep. Something to remember when people complain progressives aren't backing establishment Dems.

If I had to put myself in a "political box", I think I'd most likely fit into the crate of establishment Dems.

And you are 100% correct!

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Running a "but her emails" campaign in 2020 with AOC as the focus... How'd that turn out for ya, Oklahoma Republicans?

About as well as Trump trying to pass Biden off as a puppet to the radical leftists and furiously cycling through non-effective nicknames for him.

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Running a "but her emails" campaign in 2020 with AOC as the focus... How'd that turn out for ya, Oklahoma Republicans?

This is just f#&%ing weird. She's in the House. She has nothing to do with Oklahoma. Why would/should they be scared of her?

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

This is just f#&%ing weird. She's in the House. She has nothing to do with Oklahoma. Why would/should they be scared of her?

She's the boogeyman to them. My guess is the fear stems from - she's a smart, educated, well-spoken, minority, fearless, woman, who pulled herself up from a modest up-bringing. She basically embodies what the right hates/fears.

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

She's the boogeyman to them. My guess is the fear stems from - she's a smart, educated, well-spoken, minority, fearless, woman, who pulled herself up from a modest up-bringing. She basically embodies what the right hates/fears.

But if the right would view her story veraciously, she is a pretty fair example of the American Dream personified. 

I don't agree with her stance on a lot of issues, but I applaud her for her accomplishments. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

But if the right would view her story veraciously, she is a pretty fair example of the American Dream personified. 

I don't agree with her stance on a lot of issues, but I applaud her for her accomplishments. 

It's crazy how often the bartender thing is used as an insult by Republicans. Oh my goodness, she had to work as bartender to make money earlier in her career, why couldn't she just have her daddy fund her political campagin like a real politician. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1