Dems Rebuild

4 minutes ago, dudeguyy said:

Do you think Ted Cruz realizes how hypocritical and tone-deaf this line of attack is?

Wow....I used Google because I thought surely Ted's real name is Theodore.  Nope......

Rafael Edward "Ted" Cruz

And, somehow he thinks this line of attack makes sense on someone else?

• Plus1 2
44 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wow....I used Google because I thought surely Ted's real name is Theodore.  Nope......

Rafael Edward "Ted" Cruz

And, somehow he thinks this line of attack makes sense on someone else?

Does Ted Cruz ever make sense? I think there is a good reason he is widely disliked by his peers.

Holy crap! I looked him up on Wiki too. His father's middle name is literally "Bienvenido". :lol:

Edited by deedsker
It was hilarious
  • Plus1 2

15 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I wish I liked the Democratic Party better. 

Same. There's things about them that drive me bonkers.

But at the same time, I feel like this is an era of being okay with imperfect friends so that deadly enemies do not become stronger. 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Fru said:

But at the same time, I feel like this is an era of being okay with imperfect friends so that deadly enemies do not become stronger. 

Yeah, but that's the reason the Democratic Party doesn't try very hard. They know you're not going anywhere.

But they forget that air of entitlement leads to apathy. 

If Hillary Clinton had treated Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania as swing states, Trump probably isn't the President. 

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Fru said:

The thing with the Dems is that they seem to have an honorable message and good intentions. The leadership is just plain stupid and weak. The GOP on the other hand is very strong in leadership (or herd mentality) but appalling in message and intentions.

• Plus1 2

Right, I get that the Dems are imperfect. Whether it is their effort, messaging, leadership etc. 

My point is that since we are in some pretty unprecedented territory, I wish folks were more willing to overlook imperfections of others in the short term, so that we don't allow a President to do something like start nuclear war via Twitter. 

I find Ted Cruz to be one of the most abhorrent human beings on Earth, that being said, I would've voted for him in a heartbeat if it were between him and Trump in the General Election. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yeah, but that's the reason the Democratic Party doesn't try very hard. They know you're not going anywhere.

But they forget that air of entitlement leads to apathy. 

If Hillary Clinton had treated Michigan, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania as swing states, Trump probably isn't the President. 

I'd challenge you on this.

It's easy and accurate to pile on Clinton for not visiting those places. It was rightfully stupid & her campaign got too inside baseball trying to read polling.

That said, it's not a given that if she visits those places more she wins them. She still had a pretty massive ground game. There was still the whole "being one of the most unlikable candidates ever" thing.

Visiting those places more & organizing more urgently wouldn't necessarily have made people like her more.

3 hours ago, ZRod said:

The thing with the Dems is that they seem to have an honorable message and good intentions. The leadership is just plain stupid and weak. The GOP on the other hand is very strong in leadership (or herd mentality) but appalling in message and intentions.

I've never thought about it like this before.

That is a great analogy.

• Plus1 2

@BigRedBuster, I was under the impression we had opposing opinions about this thing they're doing with Dodd-Frank.

--

I wonder how many of the people here hitting the Democrats for things like not trying hard or not being appealing enough to them are the ones that want Dems to stay in the center or move further to the right, as opposed to to the left.

7 hours ago, dudeguyy said:

Do you think Ted Cruz realizes how hypocritical and tone-deaf this line of attack is?

Beto is awesome imo. I'm also of the thought that this is free publicity for Beto. We learned during the trump campaign that getting your name recognized counts for a lot.

All that said, this song annoys me a lot. His name is pronounced Bet-o not bay-toe. 

3 hours ago, Fru said:

Right, I get that the Dems are imperfect. Whether it is their effort, messaging, leadership etc. 

My point is that since we are in some pretty unprecedented territory, I wish folks were more willing to overlook imperfections of others in the short term, so that we don't allow a President to do something like start nuclear war via Twitter. 

I find Ted Cruz to be one of the most abhorrent human beings on Earth, that being said, I would've voted for him in a heartbeat if it were between him and Trump in the General Election. 

She was basically never in Michigan, a pretty friggin crucial state if you want union support. That cost her a huge chunk in the electoral college.

3 hours ago, dudeguyy said:

I'd challenge you on this.

It's easy and accurate to pile on Clinton for not visiting those places. It was rightfully stupid & her campaign got too inside baseball trying to read polling.

That said, it's not a given that if she visits those places more she wins them. She still had a pretty massive ground game. There was still the whole "being one of the most unlikable candidates ever" thing.

Visiting those places more & organizing more urgently wouldn't necessarily have made people like her more.

I've never thought about it like this before.

That is a great analogy.

The funnest, or saddest, part is that GOP leadership isn't even remotely good. They just seem to stay on target better and for some god-awful reason people pledge undying allegiance to them.

I think it's fair to argue the campaign made numerous strategic errors, and made poor judgments in relying on their internal polling. 

But I think the larger culpability is with the union folks who failed to distinguish between the pro-labor side and an extremely, virulently anti-labor side, a core piece of whose fundamental mission is crushing union membership power.