Crying and B****ing about Trump

I don't like Trump as President just like lots of people. But, I'm trying to be as positive as possible. I'll still hold him accountable for bad policy or acting like a total jack ass in office like he acted on the campaign trail.

However, Democrats who are crying and complaining about Trump because a Democrat didn't win need to look no farther than their own party for blame. Put up a better candidate than the pathetic one who was on the ticket and you would easily be dancing in the streets right now.

The reason the Dems didn't win isn't because Trump is so awesome he couldn't be beat. It's because their candidate was just flat out that pathetic. The Dems crowned her the next coming of royalty 8 years ago. They put her in the Secretary of State position to try to make it seem like she has great foreign policy experience. They schemed behind the scenes to make sure she was the nominee. All along, the rest of the country was sick and tired of her and her husband. They had blinders on of wanting to have the first woman President and they didn't stop to think....hmmm....maybe we should nominate a woman people actually want as President.

They put up a candidate that couldn't even win against a guy who brags about sexual assault. They need to look in the mirror and think about that for a while.

• Fire 2

BRB - maybe I am missing the posts but I don't think anyone is decrying Trump "because a Democrat didn't win". I know if Hillary won I would be discussing a different set of issues. Active disenfranchisement and discrimination as formal policy would not be one, however...

I would say, even in the primaries on both sides, the best candidates from each party did not participate. Personally, I think both parties are alienating the best they have to offer. Those candidates are moving on before growing up within the party enough to run for POTUS. I work with someone that was a brilliant "up & comer" in the Republican party but got fed up with the "hierarchy of politics" internal to the party as she stated it. She ended up moving into the private sector & now has more influence on the party than she did as a politician. "Too big to fail" applies to our 2 main parties at this point and I do not see that changing anytime soon.

I've seen at least 3 people on this board complain about people complaining about Trump, and asking everyone to get over it, and telling them to stop complaining.

I find that to be a nonsensical request. Tuesday wasn't a football game, where one team wins and the other goes home dejected, wakes up the next day and starts the healing process, and then by next Saturday everything is fine.

In fact I'll stick with the football analogy. If our game against Ohio State was like a Presidential election, Nebraska's players wouldn't just head home and get ready for the next game. Ohio State would get to keep all of the Nebraska players and the coaches for the rest of the season. Not only would they get to keep all of the players, they could make Tommy Armstrong their water boy or a cheerleader or their mascot, and every time they were on TV thereafter they could parade the losing team out onto the field, and this would go on for 4-8 years. For those 4-8 years we wouldn't get to watch Nebraska play football.

There's no reason for people to "get over it" 2 days after the election. People who hated Obama didn't get over it and still aren't over it now. People who hated Bush didn't get over it. Same with Clinton. When you have a problem with policy or inevitable policy, you have every right to complain about it and should. I had my share of arguments with Obama-haters, but I don't think I ever told them they shouldn't talk about him.

People complaining about it aren't complaining because they lost a competition. They're complaining because they have worries about the country and about the world. Just like people who don't like Obama.

My bad. I'm one at fault here. I know in some thread I responded that way to a tweet (not at the poster) of my frustration that had built up. You are right it was insensitive of me, and I apologize. Like you said, everyone has the right to express their displeasure and it will take time. I'm fine with that.

• Fire 1

The reason the Dems didn't win isn't because Trump is so awesome he couldn't be beat. It's because their candidate was just flat out that pathetic. The Dems crowned her the next coming of royalty 8 years ago. They put her in the Secretary of State position to try to make it seem like she has great foreign policy experience. They schemed behind the scenes to make sure she was the nominee. All along, the rest of the country was sick and tired of her and her husband. They had blinders on of wanting to have the first woman President and they didn't stop to think....hmmm....maybe we should nominate a woman people actually want as President.

If it was Bernie vs Trump I truly believe Bernie would have won. The Dems didn't want that for some reason and they went all in on Hillary and lost.

BRB - maybe I am missing the posts but I don't think anyone is decrying Trump "because a Democrat didn't win". I know if Hillary won I would be discussing a different set of issues. Active disenfranchisement and discrimination as formal policy would not be one, however...

I would say, even in the primaries on both sides, the best candidates from each party did not participate. Personally, I think both parties are alienating the best they have to offer. Those candidates are moving on before growing up within the party enough to run for POTUS. I work with someone that was a brilliant "up & comer" in the Republican party but got fed up with the "hierarchy of politics" internal to the party as she stated it. She ended up moving into the private sector & now has more influence on the party than she did as a politician. "Too big to fail" applies to our 2 main parties at this point and I do not see that changing anytime soon.

I'm not talking about just on this board. My feeling is that many who are protesting (that I fully support their freedom to do so and it doesn't bother me that they are protesting) were Hillary supporters who are extremely disappointed that there candidate or side didn't win.

• Fire 1

Unbelievable.

I'm not going to call you a racist. But there's some self-examination that should be going on there.

Why do people always say they are not going to call someone a racist and then go ahead and do it?

Its like taking the high road for about 90% and then a shot to the nads. whats the point?

Trump needs to earn respect. He think he takes it from people just by winning. Politicians like Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz can bend over backwards after calling him a fraud and a con man and cow to him, but I'm sure as heck not going to. I've got no skin in the game, and he's already shown me what a sack of crap he is, over and over and over again.

Yes he's president. But that doesn't mean anyone has to stop criticizing him if he hasn't earned it. Nor should they.

Well said by both you and Moraine. Very well said. Thank you for posting and nailing exactly what I for one feel.

What blows my mind is how Trump supporters gloss over all of the horrible, despicable and deplorable things that he has said and done and still fully support him.

I for one am scared for the future of our country right now. Very scared. I keep telling myself maybe just maybe something else will come out of the woodwork on this clown or that he somehow can be impeached/removed. I am not letting go of that hope.

God Bless America because right now she needs it.

Pot meet kettle. The Democratic candidate was the female version of Dick Cheney and you are not interested in acknowledging it or the fact that she is corrupt as hell taking money from Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

She ruined how many lives in Libya? A self sufficient country with resources available to them.

Call me old-fashioned, but I don't care for people endlessly denigrating our President.

That being said, just because I don't care for something doesn't mean other people should have to stop doing it. It is a free country after all.

I agree.

IMO, it's over the top and I'm tired of the whining.

The protests prior to him spending one day in office wreak of crybaby sour grapes.

If he F's stuff up big time, have at him.

• Fire 1

Trump needs to earn respect. He think he takes it from people just by winning. Politicians like Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz can bend over backwards after calling him a fraud and a con man and cow to him, but I'm sure as heck not going to. I've got no skin in the game, and he's already shown me what a sack of crap he is, over and over and over again.

Yes he's president. But that doesn't mean anyone has to stop criticizing him if he hasn't earned it. Nor should they.

Well said by both you and Moraine. Very well said. Thank you for posting and nailing exactly what I for one feel.

What blows my mind is how Trump supporters gloss over all of the horrible, despicable and deplorable things that he has said and done and still fully support him.

I for one am scared for the future of our country right now. Very scared. I keep telling myself maybe just maybe something else will come out of the woodwork on this clown or that he somehow can be impeached/removed. I am not letting go of that hope.

Pot meet kettle. The Democratic candidate was the female version of Dick Cheney and you are not interested in acknowledging it or the fact that she is corrupt as hell taking money from Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

She ruined how many lives in Libya? A self sufficient country with resources available to them.

I would have voted for Dick Cheney over Donald Trump.

Where's the proof she took money from Qatar and Saudi Arabia?

• Fire 1

I don't like Trump as President just like lots of people. But, I'm trying to be as positive as possible. I'll still hold him accountable for bad policy or acting like a total jack ass in office like he acted on the campaign trail.

However, Democrats who are crying and complaining about Trump because a Democrat didn't win need to look no farther than their own party for blame. Put up a better candidate than the pathetic one who was on the ticket and you would easily be dancing in the streets right now.

They put up a candidate that couldn't even win against a guy who brags about sexual assault. They need to look in the mirror and think about that for a while.

Good post!

Call me old-fashioned, but I don't care for people endlessly denigrating our President.

That being said, just because I don't care for something doesn't mean other people should have to stop doing it. It is a free country after all.

I agree.

The protests prior to him spending one day in office wreak of crybaby sour grapes.

Sure hope you didn't vote for Trump.

And a super duper ironic tweet from The Donald:

He deleted two more from that rant:

"The phoney electoral college made a laughing stock out of our nation. The loser one!"

"He lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election. We should have a revolution in this country!"

Your president-elect, folks.

• Fire 2

So you prefer war criminals as presidents? ok..

So you prefer war criminals as presidents? ok..

Where is the proof Hillary took money from Qatar & Saudi Arabia?

When did Dick Cheney get convicted of war crimes?

• Fire 2

I agree.

Sure hope you didn't vote for Trump.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/266034630820507648

And a super duper ironic tweet from The Donald:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/266034957875544064

He deleted two more from that rant:

"The phoney electoral college made a laughing stock out of our nation. The loser one!"

"He lost the popular vote by a lot and won the election. We should have a revolution in this country!"

Your president-elect, folks.

While I'm not advocating or agreeing with what was said in those tweets, the difference is we had 4 years of Obamas Presidency to actually protest.

• Fire 1