Utter

WVhuskerXX

Guy makes Mark Pelini look like an All American. Would love to see Decker get some snaps. Or now that both of our guards are back slide Whitaker in. Neither of them can possibly be worse than Utter. I don't care that he is a former walk-on, I don't care that he is a senior captain. He is not a D1 center. Like Damon said last night, his lack of ability is going to get someone hurt.

• Fire 2

It is tough to watch sometimes isn't it?

Wonder how much of this has to do with no one else being able to make the right coverage/ line calls?

Sadly, he misses a lot of his calls or gets blown up...... And this goes back to a thread about "why does Cav get a pass"....... His inability to prepare anyone needs to be addressed as well in the off season IMO.

I'd need to see the tape. But it's kind of incredible that a guy so supposedly bad would start about 23 games at this point.

People see a couple of bad plays and jump all over a guy while ignoring what is done well.

If we are so weak in passpro, maybe we should give these guys a better shot by running more and using true play action. That would take a lot of pressure off guys like utter.

That vine is the first play that came to mind with Utter. His lack of blocking led to NU getting stopped on a 3rd and 3 run by Tommy.

There was another play in the 3rd quarter where he got blown up by the nose tackle and Tommy had to make a back-pedaling throw which he was able to complete.

EDIT: Both plays that stuck in everyone's mind are shown above.

I'd need to see the tape. But it's kind of incredible that a guy so supposedly bad would start about 23 games at this point.

People see a couple of bad plays and jump all over a guy while ignoring what is done well.

If we are so weak in passpro, maybe we should give these guys a better shot by running more and using true play action. That would take a lot of pressure off guys like utter.

The coaches have to start 5 players on the o-line. Utter is not good, but he's the only guy who can do the job this year. That's why he's been starting for 2 years.

The general consensus is Utter hasn't been playing up to par.

cm reaction: "Obviously a result of staff not calling more run plays".

Classic stuff here.

You need to do things to put your guys in a position of advantage. I don't see that much from this staff.

In watching the other clip people are all over him about, I think he's tripped.

Pass pro is hard. Its why OL who can do it well can play 10+ years in the league.