Utter

WVhuskerXX

if that was a designed run play...why were all the blockers backing up? was it suppose to be a pass play and tommy decided to run?

It's called a QB draw. It's a brand new play where the line acts like it's a pass play, the QB drops back for a beat, and then he runs.

• Fire 1

Man, Paul Thurston really wasn't good enough to win out the C spot? Makes me wish he was still on the team.

Him and another older guy left after the change that would have been in line to contribute this year, but I may be remembering that wrong.

NU has three or four 4* recruits starting on the OL, iirc (gates, farmer, foster and maybe knevel).

If the staff is having a hard time finding a guy to replace Utter from the remaining pool of recruits, that either indicates that Utter isn't as bad as the cherry picked clips indicate or there's a problem with the way staff is sorting out their OL options.

According to Maverick Utter was graded as the top offensive player against Wisconsin by Pro Football Focus. I re watched that game. He played pretty darn good. Maybe he had a bad night last night? Have to re watch this one. I think some people on this board just hate walk ons. Yet Wisconsin plays with a bunch to.

According to Maverick Utter was graded as the top offensive player against Wisconsin by Pro Football Focus. I re watched that game. He played pretty darn good. Maybe he had a bad night last night? Have to re watch this one. I think some people on this board just hate walk ons. Yet Wisconsin plays with a bunch to.

Good point.

But a lot of people would rather hammer the kid based on some cherry picked plays.

Frankly, he (and other walkons, particularly on the OL) and Armstrong are operating as the prime scapegoats for what is a very anemic offense.

I think some of the haters, particularly of Armstrong, are in for a rude awakening.

I was so f'iing pissed when I saw Utter get absolutely owned on this play last night.

Watching it again it's funny, it's frustrating, and frankly just unacceptable. I can't believe he's the best we've got for that position. Usually the QB takes the Linemen out for dinner every once in a while, but I think the linemen should be taking Tommy out to dinner every day for what he has to put up with.