Utter

WVhuskerXX

So did I.

All the leverage in the world won't help

You sure you played OL? If you're strong enough and can get under the pads of the DL, a few pounds won't make any difference. Gaining leverage puts you in position to win more often than not.

if you're underweight and overmatched, which 66 is.

See the posts from CM and Southoregon. The fact that this is 100% false doesn't help your argument.

OK...I went back and rewatched all of the Minny game offensive drives and just concentrated on Utter.

1st Drive.

Good run blocking. Got to second level to spring runs.

2nd Drive

Decent pass pro

3rd Drive

1 bad pass pro but most of O line was bad on that play

4th Drive

Bad play that went viral on internet.

Half

5th Drive

1 bad run block

1 bad pass pro but didn't have an affect on play. Still picked up 1st down.

Screen play had block that sprung Newby for TD

6th Drive

4th down and 1 had great push that got the 1st down.

Got pushed back in back field on pass pro once

7th Drive

1 iffy pass pro but still was able to get long pass for 1st down.

8th Drive

1 bad run block

So, out of 60 offensive plays, I found only 7 plays where he had a bad or iffy block. Most of those did not have a negative affect on the play. If we went and looked at any of the other linemen, I'm sure we would find bad plays they have also.

On the flip side, I didn't list them all here, but I found him getting out on screen plays and getting blocks. Several times I found him getting to the second level to block LBs well.

So....no, he isn't going to win the Rimington award this year. But, I fail to see how he is this pathetic player that is destroying any chance we have of winning games.

In no way is there "consistent bad play" by Utter.

The ripping of one player by the fans is ludicrous and just like many things fans complain about, it gets started and just carries on without anyone actually bothering to see if it is actually accurate.

Thank you for the breakdown.

I hope some of his critics on the board, twitter bubba and Benning actually re-evaluate their arguments and stop scapegoating these guys.

OK...I went back and rewatched all of the Minny game offensive drives and just concentrated on Utter.

1st Drive.

2nd Drive

Decent pass pro

3rd Drive

4th Drive

Half

5th Drive

1 bad run block

6th Drive

7th Drive

8th Drive

1 bad run block

So, out of 60 offensive plays, I found only 7 plays where he had a bad or iffy block. Most of those did not have a negative affect on the play. If we went and looked at any of the other linemen, I'm sure we would find bad plays they have also.

On the flip side, I didn't list them all here, but I found him getting out on screen plays and getting blocks. Several times I found him getting to the second level to block LBs well.

So....no, he isn't going to win the Rimington award this year. But, I fail to see how he is this pathetic player that is destroying any chance we have of winning games.

The ripping of one player by the fans is ludicrous and just like many things fans complain about, it gets started and just carries on without anyone actually bothering to see if it is actually accurate.

I hope some of his critics on the board, twitter bubba and Benning actually re-evaluate their arguments and stop scapegoating these guys.

guess some of the coaches' critics will have to re-evaluate their arguments too.

• Fire 2

1st Drive.

2nd Drive

Decent pass pro

3rd Drive

4th Drive

Half

5th Drive

1 bad run block

6th Drive

7th Drive

8th Drive

1 bad run block

guess some of the coaches' critics will have to re-evaluate their arguments too.

In what sense?

Personally, I haven't argued that the wrong guy is playing or that he lacks fundamentals. I have argued that, as a whole, our offensive scheme lacks dynamic creativity and it doesn't put our guys at an advantage. Basically that we've got the talent to be much more productive than we have been.

But that's hardly relevant to the criticisms of Utter as a player and person.