Utter

WVhuskerXX

I'd need to see the tape. But it's kind of incredible that a guy so supposedly bad would start about 23 games at this point.

People see a couple of bad plays and jump all over a guy while ignoring what is done well.

If we are so weak in passpro, maybe we should give these guys a better shot by running more and using true play action. That would take a lot of pressure off guys like utter.

The coaches have to start 5 players on the o-line. Utter is not good, but he's the only guy who can do the job this year. That's why he's been starting for 2 years.

How can he possibly be the only guy who can do the job?

I'd need to see the tape. But it's kind of incredible that a guy so supposedly bad would start about 23 games at this point.

People see a couple of bad plays and jump all over a guy while ignoring what is done well.

If we are so weak in passpro, maybe we should give these guys a better shot by running more and using true play action. That would take a lot of pressure off guys like utter.

The coaches have to start 5 players on the o-line. Utter is not good, but he's the only guy who can do the job this year. That's why he's been starting for 2 years.
The previous staff didn't build any depth along the offensive line. Pretty obvious.
  • Fire 5

The only other center on the team is Decker, and he's having issues. The coaches have decided to redshirt all the true freshman. I think it's worth arguing that the freshmen could be playing, but to say that Utter is not bad just because he's started for 2 years is a flawed argument.

The previous staff didn't build any depth along the offensive line. Pretty obvious.

Look at NUs recruiting on the OL during the past few years. Compared to most other P5 schools, it's been very good from a recruitnik perspective.

This staff isn't really changing the approach/numbers, so if they don't have enough depth to be successful today, I'm left wondering why anyone thinks they'll have enough 4 years from now.

Look at NUs recruiting on the OL during the past few years. Compared to most other P5 schools, it's been very good from a recruitnik perspective.

This staff isn't really changing the approach/numbers, so if they don't have enough depth to be successful today, I'm left wondering why anyone thinks they'll have enough 4 years from now.

Please tell me you're joking? Please list the Junior and Senior lineman that contribute to our line. Now of that list how many are walk-ones? I'll wait.

Pelini and his staff whiffed on their o-line recruiting in 2012 and 2013. Those guys didn't develop anywhere near to be good enough.

The 2015 class for Riley (and Pelini) is concerning because of Decker and Barnett not being able to contribute this year.

The 2016 class for Riley could be playing as true freshmen, and there is a valid argument for this (I have made it!!!), but the lack of a scholarship center that is a senior or junior this year is on Pelini and his staff.

• Fire 3