Where is the Broken Chair???

Mavric

Minnesota and Nebraska play annually for the $5 Bits of Broken Chair trophy and, while its importance can't be overlooked, no one seemed to know where it was after the Huskers' 24-17 win Saturday at Memorial Stadium.

Understandable when some of the Husker football players didn’t exactly know they were playing for it.

“I had no clue we were playing for (the Broken Chair trophy),” Husker lineman Nick Gates said after the victory. “I remember seeing it last year, I guess; it’s been in the trainers' room for a while. I guess it’s pretty cool, because winning it last year was the first trophy I have won here.”

For other Huskers, the chair might not be the be-all, end-all, but it is something to take pride in.

“We got it back last year since we lost to them two years ago,” Nebraska kicker Drew Brown said. “I think it’s a great thing. I guess it’s like the $5 broken chair or something. It might’ve cost five dollars to make but it’s still a trophy and we won the game. It’s something to hang your hat on.”

The Broken Chair trophy is currently the only trophy the Huskers have out of three they play for. They also play Wisconsin for the Freedom Trophy and Iowa for the Heroes Trophy.

LJS

I would like to see a designated shelf for all the trophies Nebraska plays for, in the locker room. They can be won and displayed all year until defended/retained.

Best part? The Liberty Bell would be on display forever!

^ This. How do you lose an annual trophy? And how could we possibly spend as much money on renovating the facilities and not have a small glass case to hold them? Thanks Pelini! (*)

* I'm just kidding. Juuuuuuuust kidddding. We all know this isn't Pelini's fault.

But really it is. :lol:

• Fire 4

I would like to see a designated shelf for all the trophies Nebraska plays for, in the locker room. They can be won and displayed all year until defended/retained.

Best part? The Liberty Bell would be on display forever!

They keep them in the Aumni center, you can check out the bell whenever you'd like. I don't think they ever put the chair in there though cause it's not officially recognized by the University.